Find your current world seed!

#1cjnoonePosted 2/22/2011 5:53:15 PM
After messing around with it in the other topic, I made this so people can get the seeds of any current saves they have.

http://www.box.net/shared/4g2t2udc9k

All seeds are internally converted to numeric, so don't be surprised if you used an alphanumeric string(i.e. caves) and get a number. The resulting world should be the same.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#2Face_LostPosted 2/22/2011 6:01:25 PM
what file do you load exactly?
#3LaingePosted 2/22/2011 6:03:41 PM
Amazing.
Due to the new mapping I presume, it isn't exactly the same. But the general outline of the map is there.
---
Xbox Live: xLaingex
FFXIV: Bodhum - Lainge Nixon
#4cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 6:06:37 PM(edited)

what file do you load exactly?

Sorry, I should have specified. You use the level.dat file in the world's directory.

And yes, because of map generator updates, the seeds change sometimes. That's why you'll get those breaks in the world if you keep a world between updates.
#5AlkVelronPosted 2/22/2011 6:23:41 PM
Seems for pre-1.3 maps, there are two files of level.dats.
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM/XFIRE/ Account Name - NEREVAR117
First time I meet a dragon in Skyrim, I'm going all Kratos on it's ass!
#6cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 6:29:17 PM(edited)
There's one that's just level.dat, and one that's level.dat.old. The '.old' one is a backup. Use the one that's just 'level.dat'.

EDIT: If you don't have file extensions visible, it'll just look like "level". Pick that one.

---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#7Chuck_BosworthPosted 2/22/2011 6:33:58 PM
Wow, you made that in like 3 hours, with presumably a break for dinner in there. Way to go.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#8cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 6:36:18 PM
Well, it was going to take longer because I thought I had to write the code to parse the NBT file format, but then it turns out that someone already has a parser written on the Minecraft Wiki. It's posted anonymously, though, or I'd have posted thanks to whoever did it.
---
#9Icarus2156Posted 2/22/2011 6:39:24 PM
It is somewhat upsetting the changes to the map doesn't change the seed

Great work on this btw.
---
"I made a hat! I made a sword! I made a bucket! I made metal trousers! I made a spade! Ive run out of metal! I forgot to make a pick!" - Minecraft
#10cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 6:42:30 PM

It is somewhat upsetting the changes to the map doesn't change the seed

What do you mean?
---