Find your current world seed!

#21cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2011 10:05:45 AM
Run the jar file, hit the "Open" button, navigate to the minecraft saves directory, into one of the world save folders, and open the "level.dat" file from that folder.

I.e. if your world is named World1, then navigate to .minecraft/saves/World1/level.dat.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#22Erak606Posted 3/1/2011 5:44:40 PM
cjnoone posted...
Run the jar file, hit the "Open" button, navigate to the minecraft saves directory, into one of the world save folders, and open the "level.dat" file from that folder.

I.e. if your world is named World1, then navigate to .minecraft/saves/World1/level.dat.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.

Which jar file do you run? The MinecraftSeed or the minecraft.jar? And how do I run it? It's a .jar file(MinecraftSeed)
#23Dodgeball BoyPosted 3/1/2011 6:36:33 PM
Hmm, I tried both simply opening it and saving it, but... nothing's happening.
---
A still more glorious dawn awaits.
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/DodgeballBoy/VideogameMosiacI.jpg Thanks Cosmonaut! (middle)
#24El_NoObPosted 3/1/2011 6:54:55 PM
It was downloaded as a .rar, but I just had to right click it and run it with java, rather than opening it and being dumbfounded by the .class files

so if thats the case for you guys, do that
---
9/3/10
ALWAYS bet on DOUK
#25cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2011 7:27:02 PM
Well, you guys might be having trouble with it opening in another program instead of Java. Double-clicking the file should open it in java, but you might have used something else to open .JAR files, and chosen to use that as default. Try to open it with Java instead, as El_NoOb said.
---
#26cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2011 7:28:46 PM
Also, some of the instructions above are outdated, as I've updated the UI. Now, you only need to select the world's name from the dropdown list to get the seed for the world.

If you keep your minecraft saves somewhere other than the default folder, though, you'll need to navigate to the Minecraft Save folder manually.
---
#27Dodgeball BoyPosted 3/1/2011 8:26:42 PM
But it did save as a Java file. I double-click the icon, and simply nothing happens. =/
---
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/DodgeballBoy/VideogameMosiacI.jpg Thanks Cosmonaut! (middle)
#28cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2011 9:07:24 PM(edited)
Hmm.... try right-clicking on the file, hitting "Open with", and find Java.

If that doesn't work, tell me what OS you're using so I can come up with another method to run it.
#29Dodgeball BoyPosted 3/1/2011 9:59:17 PM
Yeah, I tried opening it in all those fashions, but nothing has worked so far.

And I'm using Vista.
---
#30cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 9:40:40 AM(edited)
Ok, then

Hit start, type cmd into the start menu and hit enter. On the screen that pops up, type in:

java -version

and hit enter. Post here whether it gave you a version or said it's not recognized as a command. If you got a version number, post what it said.
---