diamond in nether?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. diamond in nether?
6 years ago#1
my friend told me that the rate at which you find diamond is faster than in the normal world, is this true?

ive been trying to optimize my mining and i have only tried searching for diamond in the regular world, but seeing as you can travel like 8 times faster in the nether relative to the regular world it would make sense that you can find diamond 8 times faster.
The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.
6 years ago#2
no there is no diamond in the nether you have been trolled by him.
6 years ago#3
Unless they changed it with 1.3, Diamonds don't spawn in the Nether. He's just lying to you.
www.kingdomofloathing.com
www.twilightheroes.com
6 years ago#4
Lol, your friend is a jerk. the nether right now has nothing in it besides lava, soul sand, nether rack, and the glow stones.
Xbox gamertag is B0b boberson
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.^ is a zero
6 years ago#5
^Gravel, too. And Adminium.
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
6 years ago#6
Technically it's magma.
6 years ago#7
:(

thanks for your help guys...at least i can rely on you guys!
The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.
6 years ago#8
^ Yup, they are all right, there is no diamond in the nether...

The reason I'm posting is that even *if* there are diamond in the nether, how would you be able to get it 8 times faster?

While its true that you can travel 8 times faster in the nether (as in you move one block in the nether, you move 8 once you teleport back to the normal world), it has nothing to do with mining....now netherrack does break a lot quicker than stone, so if there were diamonds, it would be faster in that sense, but I just don't see how it makes sense to believe that it'll help you find diamond 8 time faster??
Christ paid a debt He didn't owe,
to satisfy a debt we couldn't pay.
6 years ago#9
Perhaps he meant that they were 8 times more common.
"Bakka Bakka Bakka!" --Reality Caster
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. diamond in nether?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived