diamond in nether?

#1Calamity_ReaverPosted 2/23/2011 12:04:54 PM
my friend told me that the rate at which you find diamond is faster than in the normal world, is this true?

ive been trying to optimize my mining and i have only tried searching for diamond in the regular world, but seeing as you can travel like 8 times faster in the nether relative to the regular world it would make sense that you can find diamond 8 times faster.
---
The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.
#2_MikLe_Posted 2/23/2011 12:09:31 PM
no there is no diamond in the nether you have been trolled by him.
#3Overlord HikashPosted 2/23/2011 12:09:37 PM
Unless they changed it with 1.3, Diamonds don't spawn in the Nether. He's just lying to you.
---
www.kingdomofloathing.com
www.twilightheroes.com
#4flailing_monkeyPosted 2/23/2011 12:10:51 PM
Lol, your friend is a jerk. the nether right now has nothing in it besides lava, soul sand, nether rack, and the glow stones.
---
Xbox gamertag is B0b boberson
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.^ is a zero
#5DSifanPosted 2/23/2011 12:14:53 PM
^Gravel, too. And Adminium.
---
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
#6Face_LostPosted 2/23/2011 12:16:05 PM
Technically it's magma.
#7Calamity_Reaver(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2011 12:16:57 PM
:(

thanks for your help guys...at least i can rely on you guys!
---
The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.
#8Lost HopePosted 2/23/2011 12:25:31 PM
^ Yup, they are all right, there is no diamond in the nether...

The reason I'm posting is that even *if* there are diamond in the nether, how would you be able to get it 8 times faster?

While its true that you can travel 8 times faster in the nether (as in you move one block in the nether, you move 8 once you teleport back to the normal world), it has nothing to do with mining....now netherrack does break a lot quicker than stone, so if there were diamonds, it would be faster in that sense, but I just don't see how it makes sense to believe that it'll help you find diamond 8 time faster??
---
Christ paid a debt He didn't owe,
to satisfy a debt we couldn't pay.
#9CroabadrinPosted 2/23/2011 1:11:54 PM
Perhaps he meant that they were 8 times more common.
---
"Bakka Bakka Bakka!" --Reality Caster