Don't like the new way chunks load on SMP......

#1crimsonedge11Posted 2/26/2011 2:37:38 PM
It takes way longer to load chunks, like if you do /home, and I also noticed it loads the farthest chunks first. Very bad idea for SMP servers, and preferred the old way of loading chunks. Is there a mod that can fix this? Everyone on the server I play on has noticed a difference, and its not a good thing.
#2TheEvilMushroomPosted 2/26/2011 2:38:39 PM
This is something we will just have to deal with i think.
---
Currently Playing: Civilization V, Sonic Colors, DKCR, and Minecraft.....
Minecraft Username: Morlocke50
#3crimsonedge11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 2:41:37 PM
What was wrong with the old way chunks loaded? I could /home and immediately start moving, now I gotta wait 30 secs to 1 minute for the chunks to load before I can even do anything. I don't mind them changing stuff as long as they change it for the better. They got a saying, if its not broken, don't try and fix it. I could deal with the occasional chunk error and I would just move around them or if I really needed to I would relog and it would fix.
#4crimsonedge11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 2:43:47 PM
I don't see them really improving this game a whole lot, I see more problems being created with updates than solutions. I wouldn't expect a full version of this game for a few years at least, especially if they keep stepping back instead of forward.
#5hunthbackPosted 2/26/2011 2:46:35 PM
Now your over-reacting. The game gets better every update. Little problems like this happen, like in every game.
---
---
"It was I who added the nuts to that statue"- Fawful, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story.
#6crimsonedge11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 2:48:31 PM
Little? Its a big problem bro, the old way chunks loaded, but loaded fast with the occasional chunk error was a minor problem, but they fixed it and made it a bigger issue. So much for them fixing stuff huh?
#7hunthbackPosted 2/26/2011 2:52:21 PM
Chunks loading farther away is a better thing really. It's only worse for teleporting, which is a very optional mod to the game. The actual game which you are not playing is much better now. And big problem? When I use warps it takes at most 5 seconds for all the far and near chunks to load.
---
---
"It was I who added the nuts to that statue"- Fawful, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story.
#8crimsonedge11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 2:54:57 PM
Haven't seen a SMP server that didn't have warps. Nor would I play on one that didn't
#9hunthbackPosted 2/26/2011 2:56:57 PM
I'm talking about vanilla minecraft. Less lag because chunks load far away and it makes everything much better. The warp thing isnt a problem, just wait a few seconds. My one complaint would be the new multi-world system of bukkit. It takes forever to load new worlds now with that, but w/e. Just have patience.
---
---
#10x3mnPosted 2/26/2011 4:10:46 PM
umm....u most likely only payed 13 dollars for this game but anyway i hope this doesnt happen on my server but i wouldnt really mind too much my server atm doesnt have bukkit so no /home anyway atm
---
I don't have any real dolls, I prefer to use my infinite imagination... cause I ain't got no damn money. PSN:xemn29