Minecraft for XBOX AND PS3!

#1edt89Posted 3/3/2011 2:34:20 AM

OK, so I've seen Minecraft for the PC and I think it's an amazing game. BUT I, quite frankly, believe that it should not only be made available for the PC, it should be made available for Xbox 360, as well as PS3. SERIOUSLY, make the product for XBOX 360 and PS3 Network, and you WILL make yourself known. PLEASE. XBOX AND PLAYSTATION NEED YOU. THANK YOU. goodbye.

#2MettanAtemPosted 3/3/2011 2:36:02 AM
I doubt there's going to be Minecraft on 360 and PS3, unless you count Minecraft clones as Minecraft.
#3XLancerXPosted 3/3/2011 2:47:47 AM
there's already someone trying to make a crappy clone of it for 360.

also minecraft is already well known...
---
Xbox Live Tag: Robbiemcskillet
#4Mido444Posted 3/3/2011 3:20:52 AM
I agree. I'd love to play minecraft on a big TV while sitting on a comfy couch. Also, most of my friends don't play games on their PC.
---
PC will ALWAYS be the grand-daddy of piracy no matter how badly a console gets hacked.
PSN: LemonatedOrange
#5Shannon232Posted 3/3/2011 3:29:03 AM

there's already someone trying to make a crappy clone of it for 360.

also minecraft is already well known...

Judging before playing, how wise.
#6TairneanachPosted 3/3/2011 3:42:45 AM
The art style alone nauseates me. Mixing modern effects with Minecraft's signature graphics just doesn't work. They should've at least invented their own art style. At least that's what I got from the promo video.
#7RakinPosted 3/3/2011 4:11:38 AM
The problem I see with this is crafting.

I had the same thought at the start...playing on my TV with a PS3 controller would be fun, but I already devote too much time to the game as-is, and I can craft pretty fast with my mouse.

Imagine if you had to scroll around your inventory with the analog stick/D-pad and select each item individually, pull it up to the crafting window, and then scroll over and start making the item. It'd triple (at least) the amount of time required to craft things.

Anyway, to solve this problem I bought an HDMI cable and hooked my computer up to my TV and voila...minecraft on the big screen.

-R
---
~~~Most people dont know...How far the soul goes!!~~~
#8TairneanachPosted 3/3/2011 4:16:47 AM
Actually, if the controls are made intelligently, crafting wouldn't be a big problem. You'd still have to scroll through your inventory, of course (although they could make it so you could use a free cursor), but one button could switch you up to the crafting spaces, another could pick up the finished product without moving the cursor at all.

But I'm all for hooking desktops up on TV screens.
#9SpyDRfreeKPosted 3/3/2011 4:18:17 AM
minecraft with a controller is THE worse idea i have ever heard
---
i like pie.
number of other users that like pie: 21. http://i53.tinypic.com/zvttoy.jpg
#10Overlord76Posted 3/3/2011 4:44:27 AM

Being familiar with both playing minecraft and the control layout of console controllers, I don't think it would work very well on console.

Besides that I'm almost sure Notch doesn't plan to have it ported.