The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

can i play offline without logging in

#1the immigrantPosted 3/8/2011 12:19:28 PM
hi guys,

just got minecrack. seriously addicting. jeopardizing my marks. but i still need to know so i can play whenever and wherever.

can i play offline? i know you need to download the game client, run it, and then log in before you play. but is there anyway i can get it to work in situations where i dont have internet? like, lets say on a ship out in the middle of the ocean?

thanks!
---
bears eats beets. bears, beets, battlestar galactica
#2SPARTAN-034Posted 3/8/2011 12:20:55 PM
By my understanding if it doesnt connect than you can still play offline.
---
GamerTag: A Fluffy Lombax
MineCraft Name: AFluffyLombax
#3flailing_monkeyPosted 3/8/2011 12:30:28 PM
As long as you have bought it, downloaded and logged in once, you can play offline. You can even get the client for other PCs and still run it since the ability to download comes from the profile.
---
Xbox gamertag is B0b boberson
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.^ is a zero
#4the immigrant(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 12:38:33 PM
you guys are absolutely correct! thanks!

one more question: are world saves also attached online? or they can only be found in the computer that you saved it in?
---
bears eats beets. bears, beets, battlestar galactica
#5meteor6666Posted 3/8/2011 12:41:54 PM
were can you get the client? My school computers suck ass and I'd love to try the game on the newest (3 years ago and for game/art club) computers.
---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet 1/2, Crysis, L4D1/2,
Borderlands, Monster Hunter games- Wormhole
#6mo5h3rmanPosted 3/8/2011 12:43:04 PM
save files are offline as well. go to your .minecraft folder (in hidden 'application data' folder on my PC) and there are saves
#7Shannon232Posted 3/8/2011 12:48:45 PM

As long as you have bought it, downloaded and logged in once, you can play offline. You can even get the client for other PCs and still run it since the ability to download comes from the profile.

This.
#8SoIldSnlvyPosted 3/8/2011 1:24:11 PM
just got minecrack. seriously addicting. jeopardizing my marks. but i still need to know so i can play whenever and wherever.

i don't want to know what that would be...
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#9TwilightKing13Posted 3/8/2011 1:48:18 PM
World saves are saved to the computer.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~