PVP Tips?

#1Typheus_OrikomaPosted 3/11/2011 6:45:21 AM
Any tips on PVP? In games where fighting is typically optional, I'm a peaceful person at heart, but I've been shafted too many times by a few dudes on one of my favorite servers, so I was hoping anyone had any tips on fighting back.

I was planning on forming a strategy involving carrying a bucket of lava and a bow. Area denial and forcing the enemy to watch their feet at the same time they're trying to watch me SEEMS like a good idea.

And does anyone here actually carry diamond equipment into a battle situation if they can help it? I mean...stone equipment might lose its edge faster, but you'll have no real reason to rage if you die, whereas the person that loses about a month's of work in full diamond gear is going to be plenty pissed.
---
If you think Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the scariest game ever, put this in your signature.
#2NebetsuPosted 3/11/2011 6:49:33 AM
TNT in the ground with pressure plates?
---
Nebetsu
#3dutchvelocityPosted 3/11/2011 6:55:49 AM
from traps with friends

my friend once lured someone in a water trap 2 of his friends poured water from a cliff so the guy ahd to swim while he quickly walked up a hill to snipe him
---
Are you suffering from boring invincibility syndrome? Try one of our new LavaBaths
LavaBath: Because sometimes, horribly painful suicide IS the only option
#4Typheus_Orikoma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 7:16:13 AM
Eh, Phoenix, I'd LOVE that...but Herocraft isn't exactly TNT friendly.
---
If you think Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the scariest game ever, put this in your signature.
#5Alr3m1Posted 3/11/2011 8:27:06 AM
Diamond Gear+Sword+Bow in my opinion. They'll learn you're packing and not to mess with you, especially if you carry around that bucket of lava. Learn to drop it right at their feet, or use flint to set em on fire.
#6papercupPosted 3/11/2011 8:32:04 AM
Kill the other guy before he kills you.
---
...*stabs j00* Number of stabs: 1029
PS3. It Only Does Family Games.
#7Typheus_Orikoma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 8:34:27 AM
There aint no way in Hell I'm carrying around diamond equipment. :P

Other than maybe a pickaxe...
---
#8zero_x300Posted 3/11/2011 8:39:44 AM
Learn to use the bow well, keep a sword handy if they manage to ambush, and instead of lava, use flint and steel. Using lava is too risky. Sure it denies certain areas of terrain for the enemy, but it does the same for you. You could literally trap yourself in a spot while you wait for lava to dry after picking it back up while you get shot at from a bow. Flint allows you to ignite your target to get them to panic while still allowing full terrain access to you.
---
what is the quickest way to repair my house if a ghasy moob lights it on fire? -Rajhin
#9Typheus_Orikoma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 9:09:03 AM
Maybe this isn't the right server for PvP.
---
#10GujinTheMedicPosted 3/11/2011 10:23:13 AM
1) Get a bow
2) Shoot him
3) ???
4) SHEER ANGER
---
He is the creator of the *Parks Car* topic, he is amazing! Here, he is... King!
http://www.youtube.com/user/GujinGod?feature=mhum