The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So... what blocks can Creepers not destroy? Only Obsidian?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 5/10/2011 10:00:55 AM
In the Minecraft Wikia it says Creepers have an explosion power of 3, and Cobblestone has a Blast Resistance of 30. However, based on some things I've read, I do not believe it to work on a 1:1 ratio (could be wrong though). Is Obsidian the only place-able block that has full Creeper immunity no matter the range of their explosion?

Thanks for the help.
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2KatimariDamashiPosted 5/10/2011 10:31:59 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I know creepers cannot destroy obsidian (to the best of my knowledge, nothing can, not even super creeper)

I have never had a specific problem with cobblestone. sure they CAN take out a few blocks, but the explosion is well contained and easy enough to repair.

Sort of off subject, but why does cobblestone have more blast resistance than regular stone... that dosen't make ANY sence to me
---
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein
#3gejsivPosted 5/10/2011 10:35:58 AM(edited)
Creepers have explosive power 65. TNT is 77. Ghast fireball is 20.

The only things they can't explode are obsidian, bedrock, water, and lava.

KatimariDamashi posted...
Sort of off subject, but why does cobblestone have more blast resistance than regular stone... that dosen't make ANY sence to me

It doesn't. They both have 30.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Explosion
---
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.
#4Mac13ethPosted 5/10/2011 11:17:06 AM
Cobble stone used to have a higher resistance and I am surprised that it changed. There is some logic (if you'll allow that in a game where you can build in the sky but not place a torch on the ceiling) behind cobblestone being more resistant. Explosions are pressure waves, so anything that can absorb a bit of pressure without breaking can resist; cobble stone would have a bit of give, but then shift back once the pressure wave passes. There is a "bend-not-break" principle used when selecting building materials in the real world: eg most modern bridges are designed to sway in the wind.
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#5El_NoObPosted 5/10/2011 11:55:27 AM
Well of course some blocks are more resistant to the explosions. Wool blocks won't need to be close to the Creeper for them to get blown up, as they're weak, but cobble and brick (among other things) can stand some ground.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/2cpykjn.jpg
#6HylianElfPosted 5/10/2011 12:01:42 PM(edited)
I highly doubt they can destroy blocks of iron or diamond, but I've never tried.
---
Earth tones people! Everyone wears earth tones! Browns and beige! And mother of pearl! And browns and beiges and dark browns
#7DbrainstormPosted 5/10/2011 12:12:52 PM
Surprisingly, iron and diamond blocks have the same blast resistence as stone, which makes no sense, considering iron can bend and diamond is the hardest material (both in the real world).