The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is there a way to get Cocoa Beans...?

#1darksteel88Posted 5/13/2011 8:39:55 PM(edited)
Without having to find them randomly in dungeon chests? Perhaps an inventory editor? I wanted to use the data value for /give but it's not listed.
---
Pokemon FC Code: 4081 4998 9111 Michael
Co-Administrator of Pokemon Secure. Best Pokemon Event Site Ever. Google us.
#2everblue2er101Posted 5/13/2011 8:44:03 PM
The data value is 35:3
#3darksteel88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2011 9:13:14 PM
Oh ****! Thanks, I didn't realize you could /give or use buy signs to get these items using colons to specify the extra parameter. This will help a lot.
---
#4MbaqangaPosted 5/13/2011 9:54:47 PM
Proposal: Let us farm cocoa beans.
---
Vote to make Notch King of Sweden!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194742
#5darksteel88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2011 9:59:07 PM
They need to fix Cocoa Beans soon enough. I mean, brown wool and cookies aren't so good that Cocoa needs to be harder to find than diamond...
---
#6DeepsPrawPosted 5/13/2011 10:07:38 PM
Nature overhaul mod makes them drop from trees in rainforest biomes.
---
Justified and Ancient - Girl Gamers United
#7dewprismsPosted 5/14/2011 2:23:38 AM

Nature overhaul mod makes them drop from trees in rainforest biomes.

There are also some mods that make them occasionally come out when you are digging dirt, along with glowstone in sand and gunpowder in gravel. The drop rate is not super common, but common enough to make it a nice bonus.
---
as the water grinds the stone, we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars
#8MbaqangaPosted 5/15/2011 9:20:48 AM
Here's how cocoa should be done. It comes from cocoa trees, so have cocoa trees spawn randomly in rainforest biomes. Maybe a chance that 1 out of every 50 trees will be a cocoa tree. Cocoa pods will spawn on these trees. When you harvest the cocoa pod, a cocoa bean falls to the ground to be picked up.

You can then use cocoa beans to plant new trees. Cocoa trees, unlike currently existing trees, must be within 6 blocks of a water tile. They will mature slightly faster than oak trees (say, 15 minutes or so?). Thus is the cocoa farm born.
---
Vote to make Notch King of Sweden!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194742
#9dewprismsPosted 5/15/2011 1:05:44 PM

Here's how cocoa should be done. It comes from cocoa trees, so have cocoa trees spawn randomly in rainforest biomes. Maybe a chance that 1 out of every 50 trees will be a cocoa tree. Cocoa pods will spawn on these trees. When you harvest the cocoa pod, a cocoa bean falls to the ground to be picked up.

You can then use cocoa beans to plant new trees. Cocoa trees, unlike currently existing trees, must be within 6 blocks of a water tile. They will mature slightly faster than oak trees (say, 15 minutes or so?). Thus is the cocoa farm born.

Yes, except that rainforest biomes are probably the rarest biome.
---
as the water grinds the stone, we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars
#10Minjo MasterPosted 5/15/2011 3:28:04 PM
I got some in a dungeon yesterday.
---
"...I've always played on hard. But play however you feel most comfortable. Don't let me dissuade you because I'm more manly." - JimmyFraska