The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I can't open my Minecraft.jar file

#1Mufufu_MasterPosted 5/15/2011 5:26:19 PM
Meaning I can't use texture packs or mods. Windows just says "Failed to load" and the name of the file.

Yes, I can open compressed files, etc. It doesn't give me an option to use it, just says the aforementioned.

In fact, I can't even find Minecraft in my program files. I have to do a search of Minecraft.jar.

Help?
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Official Kyogre of the Pokemon B/W boards Mufufufufufufu...~
#2HellcopterPosted 5/15/2011 5:28:46 PM
You can try to right-click it and open it with winrar. That's what I do, anyway.
---
[Your FACE is an ad-hominem attack!]
GamerTag: HellCopter
#3chicago63Posted 5/15/2011 5:36:19 PM
Mufufu_Master posted...
Meaning I can't use texture packs or mods. Windows just says "Failed to load" and the name of the file.

Yes, I can open compressed files, etc. It doesn't give me an option to use it, just says the aforementioned.

In fact, I can't even find Minecraft in my program files. I have to do a search of Minecraft.jar.

Help?

Mufufu_Master posted...

Help?

Mufufu_Master posted...
Meaning I can't use texture packs
Help?

http://www.myfacewhen.com/185/
---
Chicago63
#4ddrake2006Posted 5/15/2011 5:58:46 PM
Mufufu_Master posted...

Help?

I've never heard of a texture pack needing an altered minecraft.jar.
You should be able to drop it into the texturepacks folder and if it's more than 16x16 you'll have to run Mcpatcher.