The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I can't open my Minecraft.jar file

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. I can't open my Minecraft.jar file
4 years ago#1
Meaning I can't use texture packs or mods. Windows just says "Failed to load" and the name of the file.

Yes, I can open compressed files, etc. It doesn't give me an option to use it, just says the aforementioned.

In fact, I can't even find Minecraft in my program files. I have to do a search of Minecraft.jar.

Help?
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Official Kyogre of the Pokemon B/W boards Mufufufufufufu...~
4 years ago#2
You can try to right-click it and open it with winrar. That's what I do, anyway.
---
[Your FACE is an ad-hominem attack!]
GamerTag: HellCopter
4 years ago#3
Mufufu_Master posted...
Meaning I can't use texture packs or mods. Windows just says "Failed to load" and the name of the file.

Yes, I can open compressed files, etc. It doesn't give me an option to use it, just says the aforementioned.

In fact, I can't even find Minecraft in my program files. I have to do a search of Minecraft.jar.

Help?

Mufufu_Master posted...

Help?

Mufufu_Master posted...
Meaning I can't use texture packs
Help?

http://www.myfacewhen.com/185/
---
Chicago63
4 years ago#4
Mufufu_Master posted...

Help?

I've never heard of a texture pack needing an altered minecraft.jar.
You should be able to drop it into the texturepacks folder and if it's more than 16x16 you'll have to run Mcpatcher.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. I can't open my Minecraft.jar file

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived