"Notch has given up on minecraft, 1.6 took a long time to come out."

#1LaingePosted 5/24/2011 3:20:51 AM
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5775170768/the-changelist-for-1-6
Oh wait, look at all those bug fixes.
Stop complaining you ungrateful peoples.
---
Xbox Live: xLaingex
FFXIV: Bodhum - Lainge Nixon
#2N3crisPosted 5/24/2011 3:43:41 AM
I don't think you know why people complain =/
---
Saki
#3TibyonPosted 5/24/2011 3:49:05 AM
1.6 took a long time to come out?

It was too soon for people who have mods and texture packs that are probably going to need updating.

But the bugfixes are definetly nice, and it's good to know that Mojang actually is working on the game. This is how I picture Mojang:

Jeb: So, should we work on Minecraft today?

Notch: Well maybe... I mean, I need to get this crap finished so I can really enjoy Skyrim this fall.

Markus: But whether or not we update we will continue to have tons of sales that could potentially keep us financially stable for the foreseeable future!

Notch: That's true...

Jeb: But the fans really want this bugfixes.... But.....

Markus: SPINNING CHAIR RACES!
---
Coming up, The Paragon's Interview With a Moderator: http://goo.gl/TX94t
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/vaati000/tibminecraft.png ~ Thanks to Vaati000 ~
#4PenMarkedHandPosted 5/24/2011 3:51:54 AM
No the conversations go like this.

Jeb: Time to work on Minecraft.

Notch. Or.. (cheeky smile)

Jeb: Or What?

Notch: We could accidently spilt engine oil on the carpet, so we can claim insurance and go a 2 weeks holiday while its fixed.
---
Thats what you get when you let your legs die! Woah!!!
#5ViolentDjangoPosted 5/24/2011 11:34:42 AM
You folks amaze me.
---
GT/PSN: ViolentDjango ~
MvC3: Chris/Haggar/Thor, SSF4: Ken, T.Hawk, AE: Makoto, Oni, Hakan 3D: Makoto, Hakan
#6MC_BatCommanderPosted 5/24/2011 11:43:06 AM
Oh wow, this is shaping up to be an awesome update. Loving all the bug fixes, and the few new things he is adding / changing look great as well.
---
"Yeah but I mean given the circumstances a lot of people would act the same as Adolf Hitler."--actually posted by MilesStr4umeF4n
#7JackSwiftShotPosted 5/24/2011 11:59:01 AM
I think tc is refering that 2 or 3 weeks ago there were alot of people saying that 1.6 was taking forever and using examples like "in 4 months, the most we got were wolves and weather?". It was also when the terraria fad started up which has been slowing down a bit.

Regardless, I made a prediction back then as well that people would complain both that the updates were taking to long, insisting that notch was ripping us off by not giving us a full game, or people saying the update was too fast, due to them not wanting the mods to be broken. It almost seems like he actually listened to the complainers however. before he said "don't expect 1.6 anytime soon" but now it's suddenly tommorow. My suggestion to Notch is to just work at his own pace as pleasing one side is just going to piss the other off.
---
On my unofficial ES fan scale, I'm a 6.
#8misterwugglesPosted 5/24/2011 1:10:03 PM
It's perfectly fine to take your time with new content, but the entire point of a testing phase is so you can iron out the bugs which seems to happen very rarely. I assume Notch either listens too closely to and wants to please the people that want new content despite the fact that the current build is still buggy, is a terrible developer, or is an expert scam artist.

Either way, the reason behind it doesn't really matter as the fact remains that Minecraft has been handled very poorly. Bugs are left to run rampant for inordinate amounts of time and the majority of them are usually ignored in favor of new content which inevitably causes more and more bugs that very likely won't be resolved for weeks or months. If it were a free game I might understand. If it were just him and a buddy I might understand. However, he took the ridiculous amounts of money that we threw at him in order to take a fairly long break during a very buggy build to set up his company so that he could supposedly expedite the development process.

There's no real excuse to how poorly the development of this game has been handled despite how much you like or dislike Notch.

That said, I do very much enjoy Minecraft and I can't wait until it reaches a point of completion where I'm comfortable with and capable of playing it in favor of games that were developed properly. This is a long overdue step in that direction.
#9Avenger895Posted 5/24/2011 1:19:24 PM
No pistons? Aww...
---
PSN: Avenger895
SS FC: 5457-3433-1382 || White FC: 0561-6185-2563 || WC2011 FC: 3267-5598-1408
#10Robtcee13Posted 5/24/2011 1:21:40 PM
JackSwiftShot posted...
I think tc is refering that 2 or 3 weeks ago there were alot of people saying that 1.6 was taking forever and using examples like "in 4 months, the most we got were wolves and weather?". It was also when the terraria fad started up which has been slowing down a bit.

Terraria's a fad? No, sir, I do believe it is a full game in its own right.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?