Now That's What I Call Minecraft Mod Pack

#1Moogle_PersonaPosted 6/10/2011 5:15:39 PM
Hey all, so I just downloaded the above-mentioned mod pack, and installed it via the included installer .jar file.

I opened up my minecraft.jar file to delete the META folder I've read about, but it appears to already be deleted.

Whenever I boot up minecraft, however, I still get the black screen directly after logging in.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running on OS X 10.5.8, and everything should be up to date.

This is where I got the mod pack from:

http://skylands.goonygoon.com/
#2Lord HelioPosted 6/10/2011 5:59:46 PM
Some parts of the mod need to go in the resource file and others have to go someplace else. Sorry, I can't remember. But try youtube videos. Slyfoxhound had a video showing how to install mods. Helped me out a lot.
---
http://www.killmoderation.com/
#3VysmoPosted 6/11/2011 6:12:42 AM
Moogle_Persona posted...
Hey all, so I just downloaded the above-mentioned mod pack, and installed it via the included installer .jar file.

I opened up my minecraft.jar file to delete the META folder I've read about, but it appears to already be deleted.

Whenever I boot up minecraft, however, I still get the black screen directly after logging in.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running on OS X 10.5.8, and everything should be up to date.

This is where I got the mod pack from:

http://skylands.goonygoon.com/

On Computers running OSX you are required to only delete the two files beginning with MOJANG in the META-INF folder as opposed to the whole folder itself. You should restore your META-INF folder back to the .jar file and try it again but only delete the two files beginning with MOJANG.
#4Moogle_Persona(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 3:12:58 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try.
#5TheEvilMushroomPosted 6/11/2011 3:37:13 PM
How is this mod, do you all recommend it?
#6DetsuaxhePosted 6/11/2011 4:00:21 PM
For future problems, I advise getting a real computer.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#7GastroidPosted 6/11/2011 4:18:58 PM
And so it begins...
---
Lithos Mech Hektor
The Last Stand of the Alkali
#8Moogle_Persona(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 10:12:09 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...

Yeah I know. I just like macs because they feel cleaner with the way things are organized. My next computer is gonna be a PC though; the lack of mac software has been bugging more than usual lately.
#9GriffRobertsPosted 6/11/2011 10:18:29 PM

Detsuaxhe posted...

Yeah I know. I just like macs because they feel cleaner with the way things are organized. My next computer is gonna be a PC though; the lack of mac software has been bugging more than usual lately.

Crisis averted.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.