The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Game keeps crashing, "SocketTimeoutException"

#1Raging_waterPosted 6/15/2011 3:21:52 PM(edited)
I'm having a problem whereby I log on to a multiplayer server and only a few blocks surrounding me will load up. I can play for about 1 minute before I'm kicked and get an error message saying "Connection Lost. Internal Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed out".

What the hell is this? There are currently people playing on this server with no problems at all.

May I add that the game was working perfectly about 12 hours previously and this problem is occurring on multiple computers of mine.
---
Tyler gets me a job as a waiter, after that Tyler's pushing a gun in my mouth and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die.
#2JonWood007Posted 6/15/2011 3:31:21 PM
It's a bug, try logging back on. It happens to me quite often, and even the admin of the servers gets kicked from it. Normally it's a hiccup in the server itself in my experience, not really the player client itself.

If it makes you feel better, try uninstalling and reinstalling minecraft. Obviously, back up your worlds first.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: Celeron 900 | 3 GB DDR2 | GMA 4500m | 250 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#3Raging_water(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 4:53:16 AM
Thanks but I must have tried logging in and out about 100 times. Also I tried logging on through the site and had the same problem, so would uninstalling have any effect?
---
Tyler gets me a job as a waiter, after that Tyler's pushing a gun in my mouth and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die.
#4Drakengard002Posted 6/16/2011 5:54:11 AM(edited)
It happens. This is especially the case when Hamachi can no longer get a direct connection to the server (our server is small and private so we just use Hamachi) to which it usually requires that the server be restarted.
---
|\
|_/RAKENGARD: The game you do not deserve to have twist your mind.
#5KutKuSlayerPosted 6/16/2011 4:32:04 PM
im getting the same thing too.

its annoying as my friend has set up a 2 player private server, but it just lags us out and then kicks me with that message. it happens on another server im whitelisted for, but a lot worse.
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/
#6Raging_water(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 8:54:41 AM
Still having the problem. The server is unplayable, but I need to get on to it. I get it to work about 1 in every 200 tries, but if I log out and in I get the same problem.
---