Flying possibly confirmed in the next update!?

#31strevewiPosted 6/24/2011 6:31:39 PM
This looks like it would be awkward to maneuver, walking up and down and all around. Maybe we can only walk at a certain height. Like just walking flat, but getting to see everything.
---
98% of gamefaqs signatures use 98% as a means to express just how much cooler the 2% that comes later in the sigs really are.
#32Glinkmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 7:25:37 PM
strevewi posted...
This looks like it would be awkward to maneuver, walking up and down and all around. Maybe we can only walk at a certain height. Like just walking flat, but getting to see everything.

There's more than one way to control flight, and it can be pretty natural most of the time. Limiting to a specific level might be too restricting, but it's one option. But this is all speculation really, Notch might have something completely different in mind.
---
Yo buddy, Still alive?
-Solo Wing Pixy, Ace Combat Zero
#33CrabhammarPosted 6/24/2011 7:32:33 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
futuredude007 posted...

Multisensory posted...
This isn't 4chan.

Nor is it Facebook. Let GameFaqs be GameFaqs, darn it!

Reblog this if you think the same thing

#idontfollowback when people can't tell what site they're on
Looks like 451 people missed the like button. Thumbs up this comment if you're not a loser!

This.

/obscure?
//cross-site slashies!

[This message has been removed at the request of a moderator or administrator]
---
PSN: Bluechacho http://s7.zetaboards.com/ICUclan/index/
"So how are you doing? Because I am a potato."
#34GriffRobertsPosted 6/24/2011 7:34:21 PM
Have you ever tried the /fly command in the SSP commands mod? It's actually not too difficult to maneuver; sneak sends you straight down, jump sends you vertically, and you can just go in whatever direction was WASD. It's a little awkward, but flying isn't supposed to be precise.

I'm sure whatever Notch has in mind will feel pretty natural.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#35Glinkmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 8:27:28 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Have you ever tried the /fly command in the SSP commands mod? It's actually not too difficult to maneuver; sneak sends you straight down, jump sends you vertically, and you can just go in whatever direction was WASD. It's a little awkward, but flying isn't supposed to be precise.

I'm sure whatever Notch has in mind will feel pretty natural.

Basically, from what I discern in the screenshot, I believe it will turn out similar to that Fly command you mention. Personally, I prefer a more airplane like layout, but I like airplanes a lot so I'm kinda biased towards that.

Another, speculative use for it could be perhaps completely different? Maybe it's a sort of floating moving platform that moves in a set path? It's would certainly garner some uses like that as well. I could see something like that in use for elevators, ways to cross chasms and ravines, transportation across gaps and could even be used for some interesting platforming elements.

Now that I thought of that I'm not sure which I'd rather see though...
---
Yo buddy, Still alive?
#36GoldguyPosted 6/24/2011 9:57:19 PM

Are we getting magic and quest like Notch said he would put in the game someday now? Well, a boy can dream...

#37FrankWest7612Posted 6/26/2011 1:33:17 AM
Notch mentioned that the picture contained spoilers. How do we even know that the flying is the spoiler? That might just be him messing around and the spoiler could be something else entirely.
---
zombies are stupid & slow right?
#38WCR_cabbagePosted 6/26/2011 1:59:14 AM
FrankWest7612 posted...
Notch mentioned that the picture contained spoilers. How do we even know that the flying is the spoiler? That might just be him messing around and the spoiler could be something else entirely.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8736034/iunno.jpg

Just grasping at straws really. Does look a bit unusual though. 8)
---
It might just be the antifreeze I just drank, but that sounds like the greatest idea ever! - regdod (on eating a DS battery)
#39Glinkmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2011 9:32:52 AM
WCR_cabbage posted...
FrankWest7612 posted...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8736034/iunno.jpg

Just grasping at straws really. Does look a bit unusual though. 8)

I think that's just a birch tree...
---
Yo buddy, Still alive?