- Removed Herobrine

#11GastroidPosted 7/4/2011 6:12:16 PM
He removed the human mob. It was pre-zombie.
---
Lithos Mech Hektor
The Last Stand of the Alkali
#12putnamehere3145Posted 7/4/2011 7:08:35 PM
acrylick42 posted...

Then my eyes deceived me.

Obviously.
#13darth_starPosted 7/4/2011 7:11:46 PM
Notch is trying to pound it into people's heads that Herobrine was never in the game. However the problem here is that people keep insisting he is and that these patch notes prove that he wasn't removed for some reason based on troll logic.
---
Bless all forms of intelligence.
#14acrylick42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 8:04:39 PM
putnamehere3145 posted...

Obviously.

Well that wasn't nice. I have impaired vision.

darth_star posted...
Notch is trying to pound it into people's heads that Herobrine was never in the game. However the problem here is that people keep insisting he is and that these patch notes prove that he wasn't removed for some reason based on troll logic.

I wish Notch would make a larger announcement on his eternal (non-)existence of Herobrine, instead of saying removed Herobrine ever major patch update.
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#15lovable_lombaxPosted 7/4/2011 8:16:02 PM
Because jokes are even funnier the second time around!
#16Seekcro2010Posted 7/4/2011 8:34:23 PM
Herobrine is an evil spirit sent to haunt Notch by some jealous indie game maker who never sold his game. This spirit keeps working his way into the code, but Notch tries his best to remove him.
---
"I'm in space!"
#17putnamehere3145Posted 7/4/2011 8:55:38 PM
acrylick42 posted...
I wish Notch would make a larger announcement on his eternal (non-)existence of Herobrine, instead of saying removed Herobrine ever major patch update.

He's said it multiple times.

He confirmed it on twitter, waaay back, saying "It's not real. =) But it might be soon!"

Naturally, that didn't go through, because he later said:

"i have no plans of adding herobrine as is, but I do like the rumors, haha"

He later took back the "as is", saying:

"i have no plans of adding herobrine."

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/statuses/27871748827
#18GastroidPosted 7/4/2011 9:17:08 PM
Herobrine is an evil spirit sent to haunt Notch by some jealous indie game maker who never sold his game. This spirit keeps working his way into the code, but Notch tries his best to remove him.

If you're going to speak of the myth, you should at least get it right: Herobrine is the dead brother of Notch, now haunting his brother's creation of Minecraft.

In the real world, that myth sprung from a few photoshopped images that came up in a single Minecraft forum topic two years ago. Since then, hundreds, maybe thousands, of stories and fake images and topics in general about Herobrine have popped up. Not surprisingly, the mods are pretty angry and lock just about every Herobrine topic now.

When Notch was removing the human NPC from Minecraft, which was the first real NPC (that did nothing but move occasionally like a passive mob, but hurt to touch like what would be a zombie later on) he gave a shout out to the mods by saying he removed Herobrine. When dozens of topics sprouted up claiming the opposite, Notch threw it in yet another patch notes, hopefully ending the Herobrine discussion.
---
Lithos Mech Hektor
#19Seekcro2010Posted 7/4/2011 9:20:08 PM
Gastroid posted...

If you're going to speak of the myth, you should at least get it right: Herobrine is the dead brother of Notch, now haunting his brother's creation of Minecraft.

In the real world, that myth sprung from a few photoshopped images that came up in a single Minecraft forum topic two years ago. Since then, hundreds, maybe thousands, of stories and fake images and topics in general about Herobrine have popped up. Not surprisingly, the mods are pretty angry and lock just about every Herobrine topic now.

When Notch was removing the human NPC from Minecraft, which was the first real NPC (that did nothing but move occasionally like a passive mob, but hurt to touch like what would be a zombie later on) he gave a shout out to the mods by saying he removed Herobrine. When dozens of topics sprouted up claiming the opposite, Notch threw it in yet another patch notes, hopefully ending the Herobrine discussion.

The old one is boring.
---
"I'm in space!"
#20GastroidPosted 7/4/2011 9:22:54 PM
You can't just make up a new myth though :P That's not how memes work.
---
Lithos Mech Hektor