How to get into Aether

#1tidusishiPosted 7/26/2011 11:03:13 AM
ok so installed the mod and everything i start the game up and i get the little tip at the bottom when the map is loading.

when my character spawns i have the special inventory slots and everything but the trees look normal and so do all of the mobs... nothing is different.

do i need to do anthing special in game to gain access to the Aether? any ideas whats up with this?
---
XBL GT: L3thal H3adsh0t
Currently Playing: Black Ops, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Runescape
#2LinkofHyrule991Posted 7/26/2011 11:09:31 AM
The Aether is a different world, like the Nether is. It doesn't change your normal world.

To make an Aether Portal make a 4x5 frame out of glowstone, like you'd do with Obsidian for the Nether. Then dump a bucket of water in it to activate it
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#3sontendofanPosted 7/26/2011 11:09:44 AM
The Aether is a different world. You have to make a portal out of Glowstone and a Water bucket, like a nether portal (but with those materials instead)
---
"Don't be s***, you don't get hit." - GenGomaOrak
If I make a stupid post, I'm more than likely being sarcastic
#4tidusishi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 11:14:56 AM
ok so its just basically an add-on to the game eh? thats pretty awesome.

thanks for the info guys! now i started a server last night, can Aether be implemented within the multiplayer server?
---
#5SickWickinsonPosted 7/26/2011 11:16:46 AM
Sadly no, it does not have any multiplayer support and they haven't said anything about adding it.
#6tidusishi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 11:22:59 AM
SickWickinson posted...
Sadly no, it does not have any multiplayer support and they haven't said anything about adding it.

dang, thanks for the response....

i wish they would support multiplayer the videos look awesome :D
---
#7AcousticAcolytePosted 7/26/2011 1:11:07 PM
And considering the amount of time they put into making for singleplayer, multiplayer seems like a long shot...
---
I watch Taylor Swift music videos muted =D
#8infinitexxPosted 7/26/2011 1:16:20 PM
There was some problem with portals working on SMP (the way they were implemented would require a second server) which kept the Nether from working, and I think work on Aether began before Nether was fixed for SMP. I'm sure it'll get a SMP release at some point, but it'll be a while.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.