What special perks do beta users have?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. What special perks do beta users have?
5 years ago#1
I'm still a little confused of what people gain when they buy the game in beta.
I bought it in Alpha so I know that means I paid $15 or whatever, and I never have to pay any more than that.

For beta users do they pay $20 and never have to pay again? Or do you have to pay per patch after the game comes out or what?
5 years ago#2
Stopping Power and Juggernaut.
*giggle*

For realsies though, according to the website Alpha and Beta purchases won't have to pay anything for the release game.
Hurrdurr, I got triple 8870s, 24GB DDR13, and a decacore 5.0GHz bro, minesweeper runs smooth as ****! - scottb32198
5 years ago#3
ddrake2006 posted...
Stopping Power and Juggernaut.
*giggle*

For realsies though, according to the website Alpha and Beta purchases won't have to pay anything for the release game.

icwatudidthar
The guy who said anythings possible never tried to slam a revolving door.
5 years ago#4
The only difference is that Notch legally CAN charge Beta buyers for additional content after release, where Alpha buyers were promised all additional content for free.

I believe Notch himself said that his lawyer advised this change and that it will likely be ineffective because he doesn't plan to charge for additional content regardless.
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
5 years ago#5
IronSasquatch posted...
The only difference is that Notch legally CAN charge Beta buyers for additional content after release, where Alpha buyers were promised all additional content for free.

I believe Notch himself said that his lawyer advised this change and that it will likely be ineffective because he doesn't plan to charge for additional content regardless.

This.
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Mufufufufufufu...~
5 years ago#6
We bought the game for a cheaper price
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
5 years ago#7
25% cheaper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_garryana
5 years ago#8
We got to play the game longer than you did.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBWC-Wargle
I'm a town in Belgium.
5 years ago#9
Alpha players -- Get all future versions/expansions of Minecraft for free, get a hugely discounted price

Beta -- Get a discounted price

Final Release -- Nothing

Although I don't think anybody will wait for the Final Release to buy Minecraft. Most people who are going to be playing Minecraft by then will probably already have bought the game.
Chicago63
5 years ago#10
chicago63 posted...
Although I don't think anybody will wait for the Final Release to buy Minecraft. Most people who are going to be playing Minecraft by then will probably already have bought the game.

Lulz
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LoZ: SS, KH 3D, FFXIII-2
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. What special perks do beta users have?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived