What special perks do beta users have?

#1Mr01samPosted 8/2/2011 3:06:22 PM
I'm still a little confused of what people gain when they buy the game in beta.
I bought it in Alpha so I know that means I paid $15 or whatever, and I never have to pay any more than that.

For beta users do they pay $20 and never have to pay again? Or do you have to pay per patch after the game comes out or what?
#2ddrake2006Posted 8/2/2011 3:13:08 PM
Stopping Power and Juggernaut.
*giggle*

For realsies though, according to the website Alpha and Beta purchases won't have to pay anything for the release game.
---
Hurrdurr, I got triple 8870s, 24GB DDR13, and a decacore 5.0GHz bro, minesweeper runs smooth as ****! - scottb32198
#3Meeptwotwice22Posted 8/2/2011 3:28:18 PM
ddrake2006 posted...
Stopping Power and Juggernaut.
*giggle*

For realsies though, according to the website Alpha and Beta purchases won't have to pay anything for the release game.

icwatudidthar
---
The guy who said anythings possible never tried to slam a revolving door.
#4IronSasquatchPosted 8/2/2011 3:57:10 PM
The only difference is that Notch legally CAN charge Beta buyers for additional content after release, where Alpha buyers were promised all additional content for free.

I believe Notch himself said that his lawyer advised this change and that it will likely be ineffective because he doesn't plan to charge for additional content regardless.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#5Mufufu_MasterPosted 8/2/2011 4:23:40 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
The only difference is that Notch legally CAN charge Beta buyers for additional content after release, where Alpha buyers were promised all additional content for free.

I believe Notch himself said that his lawyer advised this change and that it will likely be ineffective because he doesn't plan to charge for additional content regardless.

This.
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Mufufufufufufu...~
#60060000Posted 8/2/2011 4:43:22 PM
We bought the game for a cheaper price
---
The 3DS is not friendly to left handed people put this in your sig for leftie pride!
#7ZombiePikminPosted 8/2/2011 4:47:11 PM
25% cheaper.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_garryana
#8Zarren364Posted 8/2/2011 4:50:53 PM
We got to play the game longer than you did.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBWC-Wargle
I'm a town in Belgium.
#9chicago63Posted 8/2/2011 7:19:50 PM
Alpha players -- Get all future versions/expansions of Minecraft for free, get a hugely discounted price

Beta -- Get a discounted price

Final Release -- Nothing

Although I don't think anybody will wait for the Final Release to buy Minecraft. Most people who are going to be playing Minecraft by then will probably already have bought the game.
---
Chicago63
#10EnferolunosPosted 8/2/2011 8:46:33 PM
chicago63 posted...
Although I don't think anybody will wait for the Final Release to buy Minecraft. Most people who are going to be playing Minecraft by then will probably already have bought the game.

Lulz
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LoZ: SS, KH 3D, FFXIII-2
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you