So what exactly does rotten flesh do?

#1Major_MaxPosted 8/29/2011 7:52:08 AM
From what we've seen of 1.8 so far, it seems that zombies will drop something called "rotten flesh" instead of or in addition to feathers. Does anyone have any idea to what exactly it does? I'm just hoping it isn't edible.
---
"Is that an MP5? Sweet, now I can solve up to 800 problems a minute!" Gordon Freeman
#2trangttuongPosted 8/29/2011 7:53:56 AM

To place on your char's eyes after the fight to ease the pain of the bruises! =))

I think we should be able to make a stew out of it!

And the game should add a toilet with it!

#3lunarknight64Posted 8/29/2011 7:54:54 AM
I heard that it empties your food meter when you eat it
I assume you can feed it to wolves just fine though, or else it would be pointless
---
I like turtles
#4hopeformortisPosted 8/29/2011 8:06:22 AM
Itchy.
Tasty.
---
PSN & XBL: hopeformortis
#5autobot480Posted 8/29/2011 8:26:05 AM
lunarknight64 posted...
I heard that it empties your food meter when you eat it
I assume you can feed it to wolves just fine though, or else it would be pointless

I heard that too but for what purpose? What benefit does having and empty food bar give you? Or is this going to be the red mushroom like in Survival Test?

It should be used as bait for something. Maybe It could be bait for sharks in the future? Or some other mob...
---
I may or may not be wearing socks at this moment in time.
#6nullownzPosted 8/29/2011 8:43:49 AM
Throw 9 in your crafting bench and you get to run around like this guy :

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0844/ani2.gif

:D
#7General_DongPosted 8/29/2011 10:17:13 AM
Itchy Itchy Scott came.
Ugly face so killed him.
Tasty.
---
"I am pretty sure I do not want to see a 70-something year old guy naked, offered by a person named 'General Dong' "-TheGreatFiGHtME
#8Darksun45230Posted 8/29/2011 11:09:37 AM
Itchy Itchy Scott came.
Ugly face so killed him.
Tasty.

This basically.

If I were a horror buff, I would imagine that Rotten Flesh would at first make you sick and lower your stamina bar. After eating enough rotten flesh it would begin to have a positive effect on your stamina bar. This would have a drawback of course, making other foods like Bread ineffective or make you sick.

Essentially, you'd turn into a Zombie. Where you'd have to hunt your undead brethren for more and more rotten flesh to ensure your survival.
---
[Gathering Hall Aristocrat]
Dissidia 012 Review: http://tinyurl.com/3b47upz
#9General_DongPosted 8/29/2011 11:25:04 AM
Rather than hunting zombies, you could just play on a PVP server...
---
"I am pretty sure I do not want to see a 70-something year old guy naked, offered by a person named 'General Dong' "-TheGreatFiGHtME
#10pstwoorbustPosted 8/29/2011 1:10:49 PM
Maybe it will be a fertilizer? Or *doubt it* possibly a way to lure hostile mobs to a certain area.

Could also be that friendly mobs will eat any left on the ground and die, leaving your farms empty if zombies die in it.
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337