Why does Minecraft lag so bad for me?

#1Xa3r0xPosted 9/4/2011 11:20:37 AM
It never used to do this to me before 1.3. But now it's been lagging and it's making me not want to play anymore. I used to play render distance on Far and on Fancy graphics and it ran perfectly fine.

I have a Nvidia Geforce 210, 4gb ram, Win 7 64bit quad core 2.4ghz. So I don't see what's the problem
---
Youtube channel with COD Gameplay - www.youtube.com/Insayne1
#2kissel235Posted 9/4/2011 11:25:26 AM
For one, make SURE vsync is off. vsync will seriously kill Minecraft.

Second, download this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-g-fps-boost/

That should clear up any problems with Minecraft for you.
---
Athlon X4 640 | 4GB DDR3 A-DATA 1600 | PowerColor 5770 | ASUS M4A87TD EVO | Rosewill Challenger. | Raidmax 550W | DeathAdder
#3craelonPosted 9/4/2011 11:27:53 AM
Even though you have a decent video card and more than double the ram required to play the game, you might need to check your background programs to make sure your ram isn't being used to do stupid things. Like run a Google toolbar or 7 different instant messengers. Try and make it so Java or Minecraft is set to a high priority in your memory distribution and minimize the amount of programs running. Its quite possible (especially if you use Windows <_<) that between 1.3 and 1.7 your OS provider decided to tack on HUNDREDS of useless programs that would inevitably slow your computer down.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#4NintenioPosted 9/4/2011 11:31:13 AM
kissel235 posted...

Second, download this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-g-fps-boost/

Is there one that doesn't take you to that god damned adfly site?!??!
---
Will not change this sig until current gen console are announced. X360 is outdated. Started: 7/11/11
#5MarbiaachPosted 9/4/2011 11:32:56 AM
Nintenio posted...
kissel235 posted...

Whats so bad about adfly?Wait 5 damn seconds and click the "Skip ad" button.. Or get ad blocker. Problem.Solved.
---
So many people get butthurt because of stupid sigs and/or comments.
Number to get butthurt by this one: 2
#6NintenioPosted 9/4/2011 11:34:18 AM
Marbiaach posted...
Nintenio posted...
kissel235 posted...

Whats so bad about adfly?Wait 5 damn seconds and click the "Skip ad" button.. Or get ad blocker. Problem.Solved.

It keeps trying to install a Download Manager that sucks ass.
---
Will not change this sig until current gen console are announced. X360 is outdated. Started: 7/11/11
#7MarbiaachPosted 9/4/2011 11:37:21 AM
Nintenio posted...
Marbiaach posted...
Nintenio posted...
kissel235 posted...

It keeps trying to install a Download Manager that sucks ass.

Pop-up blocker.Ad blocker. Those two things take 5 seconds to install and most browsers already have the former installed.. I hate it when people start b**** about something that can be fixed in a matter of seconds/minutes.
---
So many people get butthurt because of stupid sigs and/or comments.
Number to get butthurt by this one: 2
#8Xa3r0x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 11:54:42 AM(edited)
What's vsync?

Edit: Nvm I found it.

So I downloaded optifine. Im not sure if its actually working, Im still getting a little lag. Also, Im playing with the yogbox and I dont know if I can run other mods along with it.
---
#9kissel235Posted 9/4/2011 12:10:26 PM
You're going to have to go into the more advanced settings and experiment with it a little bit. If this is the only game you play on the pc, it may be a learning experience for you, but after a little while you will eventually get it.
---
Athlon X4 640 | 4GB DDR3 A-DATA 1600 | PowerColor 5770 | ASUS M4A87TD EVO | Rosewill Challenger. | Raidmax 550W | DeathAdder
#10Xa3r0x(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 12:18:20 PM
I play quite a few games on PC. I've been playing Minecraft for over a year and this is the first time this game crapped on me this hard. I don't have a gaming computer, but I've never had a problem running games I've wanted to play.
---