Switch your worlds between Creative and Survival(1.8)

#1cjnoonePosted 9/9/2011 6:07:56 PM(edited)
I've updated my Minecraft Save Seed Reader to now let you switch your world between Creative and Survival Mode.

To do it, start the .JAR file, choose your world from the dropdown list, check/uncheck the checkbox, and hit "Save".

This will (obviously) only work on 1.8+ worlds. Below that, it won't allow you to do the switch(as the switch doesn't exist in earlier save files).

Download available on this page:
https://github.com/thedarkfreak/Minecraft-Save-Seed-Reader/wiki

Report any problems here, or on GitHub, or e-mail me( cj.no.one (at) gmail (dot) com ). I'll do the best I can ^_^

And yes, I am aware that calling it "Minecraft Save Seed Reader" now is a bit unfitting, but it's already named and on GitHub.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#2sword2183Posted 9/9/2011 6:57:20 PM
Pretty cool, Thanks.
#3cjnoone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2011 7:08:48 PM
Yup :D
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#4Hyrulian15Posted 9/11/2011 11:55:46 AM
Wow. I guess I am a noob. I downloaded the Minecraft Save Seed Reader, but I don't know what you mean by opening the .JAR file. Which one? The one in the Seed Reader zip or my minecraft.jar in my bin. I do not get a dropbox with either one that lists my worlds with check boxes.
---
I'll give you a nice case of Someone Just Shot Me In The Head if you don't hurry the hell up! - John Marston
#5Rolen74Posted 9/11/2011 1:23:25 PM
Extract MinecraftSeed.jar from the zip file... Then double click on it.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#6Jormungandr83Posted 9/11/2011 1:41:53 PM
You are the man, TC.
---
You're too late. I gave the job to some spellsword.
#7Hyrulian15Posted 9/11/2011 1:55:00 PM
Extract MinecraftSeed.jar from the zip file... Then double click on it.

Okay. I did that and it has four files under it.

META-INF
minecraftSeed
net
---
I'll give you a nice case of Someone Just Shot Me In The Head if you don't hurry the hell up! - John Marston
#8lord_zekromPosted 9/11/2011 2:13:34 PM
Hyrulian15 posted...
Wow. I guess I am a noob. I downloaded the Minecraft Save Seed Reader, but I don't know what you mean by opening the .JAR file. Which one? The one in the Seed Reader zip or my minecraft.jar in my bin. I do not get a dropbox with either one that lists my worlds with check boxes.
---
This is minecraft. Why would you want to deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up.
#9Hyrulian15Posted 9/11/2011 2:17:32 PM
^
What?

All I want to do is switch one of my worlds form Survival to Creative.
---
#10Cynical0Posted 9/11/2011 2:19:53 PM
try /gamemode username 0 or 1

this is how you switch in multiplayer. although I'm not sure how it works in singleplayer