Ender Pearls

#1heathen_devilPosted 9/11/2011 12:34:05 PM
Would this be a good idea? Make them consumable and teleport you to your spawn point/bed. Kinda fits in with the enderman teleportation theme...
#2NebetsuPosted 9/11/2011 12:34:39 PM
heathen_devil posted...
Would this be a good idea? Make them consumable and teleport you to your spawn point/bed. Kinda fits in with the enderman teleportation theme...

Do want.
---
Nebetsu
#3RBF11586Posted 9/11/2011 12:37:02 PM
thats a really good idea. Could act as a "Town Portal Scroll" type thing.
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
#4roperpokerPosted 9/11/2011 12:39:55 PM
Yep, yep... i'm seeing this, keep going.
---
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
#5KutKuSlayerPosted 9/11/2011 12:41:40 PM
thats a pretty neat idea :)
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/
#6Shadowmaster_m1Posted 9/11/2011 12:56:47 PM
I've wanted a Magic Mirror esque item in Minecraft since I got Teraaria. Agree x100
---
DEMOPAN?
The day Pandaren join WoW is the day I can stomach playing it. ...Wait.
#7craelonPosted 9/11/2011 1:04:42 PM(edited)
I thought about crafting them with wood/iron/whatever to make a teleporting block that you can change the color of by right clicking. Placing two blocks of the same color will let you teleport between them when you step on them. But I guess a less permanent use for the Ender Pearls might be better and less overpowered.

But then again, I was gonna make the teleporting block take 1 diamond, 2 iron ingots, and 5 stone bricks. Like this:

Ir:D:Ir
B:E:B
B:B:B

Ir = Iron Ingot
D = Diamond
B = Stone brick
E = Ender Pearl

If you think about it, that crafting recipe is quite expensive. You need to make stone bricks which requires the use of fuel to make smooth stone from cobble. You need to fight an Enderman and get his pearl. And you need to look for iron and diamond to complete it. Maybe its just the right amount of cost, especially since just having ONE teleport block won't do anything. You'll need to double everything in order to make a working teleporter.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#8l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 9/11/2011 1:27:01 PM
I would love that ^

But i would think it shoulld require some redstone dust in the recipe?
---
My username is stupid. I made it when I was 14 :(
Sveta (from GS:DD) and I are lovers. Also, *brohoof*
#9TheZoranTunicPosted 9/11/2011 1:38:06 PM
I really think the teleport block idea is the perfect use for ender pearls. And I agree that redstone should be in the recipe. I was thinking something like:

R:O:R
O:E:O
R:O:R

R = Redstone
O = Obsidian
E = Ender Pearl

The pearl would be at the center of the block and would be encased in obsidian with redstone powering the device in all 8 corners of the block. Obsidian is already used to make portals to the Nether, so it makes sense that it would be used for a teleporting device as well.
---
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg407/ingassassin/1234537433699.jpg
Y yes, I do like Mudkipz
#10VrrestoPosted 9/11/2011 2:42:42 PM
That's a really good idea actually. They don't drop all the time either so they won't be too powerful.