Animals stop resp?

#1GalLambPosted 9/18/2011 11:22:45 AM
I made a wall around my house, very wide, maybe 150 blocks side. Safe zone, yep. But now I cant find any animals =( Ok, they wont spawn inside of it. But why no animals outside? I go out for a hunt and only find 2-3 porcs so far I cant see my beacon pole. When I started this world there were animal bunches every 10 blocks, now it's like a world cleaned by a neutron bomb. Why? Any tips on how to make them spawn? Or did I kill them all on my continent? =(
#2thenachoPosted 9/18/2011 11:23:40 AM
Yes, now once you kill animals they won't respawn, you either have to live on zombie flesh or find a mineshaft with bread in it possibly.
---
www.mspaintadventures.com
I'm a Brony, DEAL WITH IT. B|
#3Mr01samPosted 9/18/2011 11:24:46 AM
All I know is that animals no longer despawn. Until you kill them manually of course.
I'm not exactly sure how it works but I think animals no longer just spawn anywhere that has light and grass. They spawn a certain amount specific to the biome. Then they don't spawn anymore until they are killed.

So if you want animals in your zone, you have to bring them there with water, or a minecart or something.
#4Cheesy_PiePosted 9/18/2011 11:25:57 AM
They don't really stop respawning, but it's extremely slow and rare.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606524-minecraft/60362829
---
>') Nom
#5eco masterPosted 9/18/2011 11:46:31 AM
I've been killing pigs, cows, chickens, sheep all day every day at my little hideout since 1.8. This nonsense about not respawning isn't true.
---
http://to2is.literallyforbabies.com/to2/boards
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
#6dragonfacerPosted 9/18/2011 12:02:32 PM
eco master posted...
I've been killing pigs, cows, chickens, sheep all day every day at my little hideout since 1.8. This nonsense about not respawning isn't true.

So if it doesn't happen to you it isn't true?
---
Humanity has always been slowly killing itself, the internet just speeds up the process.
#7_DTM_Posted 9/18/2011 12:05:17 PM
The way I see it is farm animals are now for people who want to explore and need food while bread is for people who make bases and build a safe area. Sheep however I wish would spawn everywhere as wool is useful.

A farm takes about ten minutes to build and another to gather seeds and you'll never go without food again so you might want to just go with that. Also bread>watermelon by far.
---
White FC: 3997 5704 3910
#8Cheesy_PiePosted 9/18/2011 12:07:57 PM
eco master posted...

If you're implying that the animal spawn rate has been unaltered since the update, then you're dead wrong.
---
>') Nom
#9_DTM_Posted 9/18/2011 12:12:12 PM
Well he is just saying that they do respawn which is true. If what I learned from playing is right then in the plains biome you rarely get any animals and mountains contain more sheep while the forest seems to have a lot of everything in them. Also for some reason they all drop or spawn in holes a lot which could just be bad AI.
---
White FC: 3997 5704 3910
#10eco masterPosted 9/18/2011 2:01:02 PM

If you're implying that the animal spawn rate has been unaltered since the update, then you're dead wrong.

I never said it hasn't been unaltered. It is at least lowered heavily, and it seems that animals simply don't de-spawn anymore. They will certainly re-spawn if you kill them.

So if it doesn't happen to you it isn't true?

Considering two things, one I am running a vanilla 1.8.1 build and two, some people on this board legitimately believe Herobrine was ever a thing just because someone else said so, yeah, I'm pretty sure it isn't true.
---
http://to2is.literallyforbabies.com/to2/boards
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23