I made an automatic Industrial Diamond generator :D

#1OmfgitsBlahPosted 9/28/2011 7:19:28 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8940/automagicaldiamonds.jpg

From left to right:

*Chest feeds coal into grinder that grinds coal into dust

*Automatic Craft Table is fed coal dust and back-fed flint, 8 coal dust and 1 flint makes coal ball

*Compressor then compresses the coal ball into compressed coal ball

*8 compressed coal ball and an obsidian is then automatically crafted into a Coal Chunk

*Final compressor compresses the coal chunk into diamonds

*Diamonds stored in chest

What do I gotta do? Provide the materials, and flick that switch. :D
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible, Row, Row, Fight the power!
Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable, Row, Row, Fight the power!
#2KaeausPosted 9/28/2011 7:22:54 PM
Impressive.

But if I was gonna use mods to do all that, I'd just give myself some diamonds with invedit or such.
---
The only time someone complains about losing to you soleley because they are superior to you, is either A: They're twelve, or B: They're Vesperas.
#3AngusYoung93Posted 9/28/2011 7:25:10 PM
It's not really about getting diamond, imo, it's about making a machine that does it for you.
---
The integral sec y dy/ From zero to one-sixth of pi/ Is the log to base e/ Of the square root of three/ Times the sixty-fourth power of i
#4Bendu_OloPosted 9/28/2011 7:26:58 PM
AngusYoung93 posted...
It's not really about getting diamond, imo, it's about making a machine that does it for you.

"Science isn't about why. It's about WHY NOT."
---
The original Elder Scrolls Hero
#5thaandieselPosted 9/28/2011 7:41:26 PM
very impressive, add equally impressive skin to make the pipes look like pipes and then take another screen shot, for example, is that mod compatible with steam punk? impressive work yo! makes me wanna build something useful 2
---
<- Q9550@3.6 - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 750mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->
#6NinjaKitsunePosted 9/28/2011 7:59:51 PM(edited)
I may have to get buildcraft and try something like that for my next playthrough with Equivalent exchange. Of course, at this point I've got...4 DM locuses going on klein stars, so diamonds aren't exactly a problem at this point. Nor, for that matter, is anything else.

oh, and

Impressive.

But if I was gonna use mods to do all that, I'd just give myself some diamonds with invedit or such.

I think part of the point for some of us is that the mods still give us something to work for. Yeah, the endgame of equivalent exchange might as well be called Creative Mode+, but it took a lot of work to get to that point, and that was from a game where I had 40+ diamonds.
---
Take this! My love, my anger, and ALL OF MY SORROW!
#7OmfgitsBlah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 8:04:41 PM(edited)
Yeah, Equivalent Exchange is amazing. You really earn your infinite power.

I feel the same way about Buildcraft, although EE makes Buildcraft much easier. You earn your nuclear power and force fields, and boy are they expensive to power.
---
#8tomma101Posted 9/28/2011 8:04:21 PM
Hook it up to multiple auto miners that are filtered for coal to go to your machine, diamond to go to your diamond box and everything else to wherever you want, that way you won't have to touch it at all
---
It's pretty BS that you have to have an internet connection to download games now a days. -GeneralGilbert
Australia, love it or leave it
#9GoW_In_NHPosted 9/28/2011 8:06:39 PM
you made me think my Skype went off... jerk.
---
People who have said nice things about me: 57
Last person to say something nice about me:Lokom0tiv (I'm a bloke!)
#10OmfgitsBlah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 8:35:26 PM
I don't like auto-miners; they mine bedrock and eat up like 100k energy for a 9x9 area and I could do it more efficiently with a catalytic lens and IT WOULD LOOK FRIGGIN AWESOME SO I'M ON IT
---