Having trouble finding Blaze Rods...

#1DRAK09Posted 11/27/2011 12:17:08 PM
Been scouring the Nether for awhile now and nothing, anyone got any tips?
#2GastroidPosted 11/27/2011 12:20:58 PM
Nether Fortresses.
---
Gearoid
First-Gen Mechanized Light Infantry
#3why bacon mePosted 11/27/2011 12:22:11 PM
Blaze Spawners.
---
If you're gonna be stupid, be smart about it.
http://i.imgur.com/OeqZb.jpg
#4PhilOnDezPosted 11/27/2011 12:42:48 PM
To elaborate on what they said, Blazes only spawn from spawners, and the spawners only spawn in fortresses, and fortresses wont spawn if your nether is from an older version of minecraft. You may need to reset your nether file, which I can't tell you how to do since I haven't had to do it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#5Mr01samPosted 11/27/2011 12:48:48 PM
Lol I feel bad for TC cuz these responses haven't been completely helpful =P
#6DRAK09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 1:15:59 PM
Yeah, I'm aware I need to find a Nether Fortress to find a Blaze Spawner, but I didn't see any fortresses in the vast amount of time I spent looking. There's gotta be a better way, and that's what I wanna know. Thanks to anyone who can help.
#7eco masterPosted 11/27/2011 1:17:14 PM
There isn't a 'better way'. They spawn in Nether Fortresses, and can spawn inside them without a spawner immediately nearby, though spawners are frequently found around the ruins as well.

Keep going.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
#8DRAK09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 1:19:04 PM
Alright, then I have a quick question. If I build another Nether Portal far away from my first and only portal in the Overworld, would it take me to a whole new portal in the Nether?
#9eco masterPosted 11/27/2011 1:28:50 PM
I think it's supposed to, but from my experience, this doesn't usually happen. Note, usually.

Portals do work as intended if you build a portal in the Nether; you'll wind up eight-times the distance away in the normal world.

I haven't exactly tried a lot since the Nether was first introduced, when nobody knew exactly what was wrong with portals. It could work now, but I suspect you'll be taken to an existing Nether portal in the Nether. No harm trying, though.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
#10PhilOnDezPosted 11/27/2011 1:38:28 PM
I found a nether fortress about two minutes away (Obviously I spent longer than that exploring) from a portal i made near my overworld spawn, then made a second portal on one end of an unfinished walkway in the nether fortress. I went back to the overworld and made a path from that exit portal to my spawn. The path takes a full minecraft day (sleep in a bed before starting down the path and it's sunset when you get there if you sprint most of the way) to make a trip that takes almost no time in the nether, I can't imagine making random portals in the overworld an efficient use of time unless you do something like put one on top of the bedrock layer or on top of a mountain as my nether has several layers to it and I got lucky enough to end up on the bottom layer in my search for the fortress.

All that being said, you're going to have to explore a -lot- if you're playing on a 1.8 nether that you did any exploring in before the fortresses were introduced. If you did that, you'd be best off just resetting it and starting from scratch but I don't know that that's the case.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there