Any good way to find Nether Fortresses?

#1TheMonkeyBombPosted 12/19/2011 7:00:31 PM
I am on the hunt for blazes to collect their rods, as well as the nether wart so I can make some useful potions.

Despite playing this game quite a lot, I often avoid the nether since it is pretty dangerous to traverse. I have honestly never found one. However, I recently went exploring and couldn't find a fortress for a pretty long time. Venturing too far from the portal makes me nervous.

Is there any good way to look for one? It would be greatly appreciated.
#2XX-XALBERTX-XXPosted 12/19/2011 7:03:45 PM
just look around for one. if you are afraid of getting lost in the nether bring items to make beacons with and a bow. ghasts' aren't that big of a problem, and the pigmen are passive.
---
Poke White FC : 3868 7330 4814
"All I know is that it was slimy and it had lotsa teeth."-Church, Red VS Blue
#3diablo_locoPosted 12/19/2011 7:23:33 PM
first off write down your nether portal coords helps if you really get lost. other than that i just explore.. there are 3rd party programs that use minecraft code to generate your world when you input the seed so you can find stuff.. but some see that as cheating..
---
Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, CoD:MW3, Minecraft
#4OllyKiriyamaPosted 12/20/2011 12:42:30 PM
Bring some Flint and Tinder and make a trail of fire along the netherrack so you don't get lost.

Other than that, Nether fortresses are just another part of random code generation.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/24q4mio.jpg
One man's fantasy is another's reality.