Still no way to change email for your MC account?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Still no way to change email for your MC account?

User Info: code_of_conduct

code_of_conduct
5 years ago#1
I had to change my email for everything as I wanted to use a new email address and close my old one.
Now I got all accounts I still use online changed fine, except for Minecraft.

Now supposedly you can't change it for my own protection; well I NEED to change it fo my own protection as just say someone creates the email again, that means they might try to create a MC account, see that the email address is already being used and reset password which I think would work. Now the likelyhood of someone creating the exact same email address is tiny, but it is possible and someone could potentially jack my account :(

I find it funny how I can chnge my email easily for my bank, PayPal, Amazon etc, but not for a little indie game >:/
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

User Info: DrSickDuck

DrSickDuck
5 years ago#2
Yeah it's dumb, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I needed to change my Email awhile back, but couldn't change my Minecraft username. I went ahead and made a new account for the new email, but it was a mess in the server I host because everyone knows me by a completely different name there.
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro--Razer Blackwidow--R.A.T 7

code_of_conduct
5 years ago#3
So you had to pay again just to get a new account with the email you use?
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

User Info: DrSickDuck

DrSickDuck
5 years ago#4

So you had to pay again just to get a new account with the email you use?

I originally got the game when it was very cheap, and it was still cheap when I got it for the new account. Hell, the current price is very cheap IMO. And it's not like the old account went to waste, I gave it to a friend.
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro--Razer Blackwidow--R.A.T 7

User Info: Chuck_Bosworth

Chuck_Bosworth
5 years ago#5
Back in last May, after graduating from college and knowing my school email address would crap out in two months, I tweeted Mollstam about changing email addresses, he replied and said, sounds like a good idea, and then nothing came of it. I was bummed. So my Minecraft email address right now does not work. So if for some reason Mojang needed to contact me about something or I had to do something through sending a message through my account, it wouldn't work.
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?

code_of_conduct
5 years ago#6
Who's "Mollstam"?
CoD 4 - 5/10. CoDW@W - 9/10. MW2 - 2/10. Blops - 7/10
SILENT HILL: DOWNPOUR! ES5: SKYRIM! BATTLEFIELD 3!

User Info: Chuck_Bosworth

Chuck_Bosworth
5 years ago#7
Tobias Mollstam, he runs most of the Minecraft.net stuff and all the server side stuff.
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Still no way to change email for your MC account?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived