Still no way to change email for your MC account?

#1code_of_conductPosted 1/2/2012 5:39:46 AM
I had to change my email for everything as I wanted to use a new email address and close my old one.
Now I got all accounts I still use online changed fine, except for Minecraft.

Now supposedly you can't change it for my own protection; well I NEED to change it fo my own protection as just say someone creates the email again, that means they might try to create a MC account, see that the email address is already being used and reset password which I think would work. Now the likelyhood of someone creating the exact same email address is tiny, but it is possible and someone could potentially jack my account :(

I find it funny how I can chnge my email easily for my bank, PayPal, Amazon etc, but not for a little indie game >:/
---
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#2DrSickDuckPosted 1/2/2012 6:05:14 AM
Yeah it's dumb, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I needed to change my Email awhile back, but couldn't change my Minecraft username. I went ahead and made a new account for the new email, but it was a mess in the server I host because everyone knows me by a completely different name there.
---
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro--Razer Blackwidow--R.A.T 7
#3code_of_conduct(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 6:16:31 AM
So you had to pay again just to get a new account with the email you use?
---
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#4DrSickDuckPosted 1/2/2012 6:30:56 AM

So you had to pay again just to get a new account with the email you use?

I originally got the game when it was very cheap, and it was still cheap when I got it for the new account. Hell, the current price is very cheap IMO. And it's not like the old account went to waste, I gave it to a friend.
---
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro--Razer Blackwidow--R.A.T 7
#5Chuck_BosworthPosted 1/2/2012 7:38:33 AM
Back in last May, after graduating from college and knowing my school email address would crap out in two months, I tweeted Mollstam about changing email addresses, he replied and said, sounds like a good idea, and then nothing came of it. I was bummed. So my Minecraft email address right now does not work. So if for some reason Mojang needed to contact me about something or I had to do something through sending a message through my account, it wouldn't work.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#6code_of_conduct(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 8:42:01 AM
Who's "Mollstam"?
---
CoD 4 - 5/10. CoDW@W - 9/10. MW2 - 2/10. Blops - 7/10
SILENT HILL: DOWNPOUR! ES5: SKYRIM! BATTLEFIELD 3!
#7Chuck_BosworthPosted 1/2/2012 9:15:24 AM
Tobias Mollstam, he runs most of the Minecraft.net stuff and all the server side stuff.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?