The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

HELP! Why is MCpatcher making my game black screen?

#1JMoney3851179Posted 3/15/2012 8:22:30 PM
Ok here is my problem:

I usually stick with SMP revival texture pack, but it hasn't been updated to 1.2, so I started a searching for a new one. I found John Smith, and I really liked it. However you have to use MCPatcher. So I download it and it tells me I can't use it because I have mods installed (optifine and minimap).

So I thought, no problem. I'll get a fresh bin, and MCPatcher will even add the mods for me! No, black screen. So now I think, well I'll just use MCPatcher and get the texture pack working and then add my mods myself. No, black screen. So then, just for ***** and gigs, I leave out the mods and just patch and run with the texture pack and it works FINE.

I don't understand, but playing without optifine and minimap is NOT an option, so can anyone give me some insight on how to fix this problem please? Or, best case scenario, is there anyway to use SMP revival even though its only updated to 1.1? I really don't care if the jungle textures and stuff are default minecraft.
#2MegeasPosted 3/15/2012 8:34:18 PM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-123-optifine-hd-b-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-more/

"has built-in support for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, MCPatcher not needed"
#3JMoney3851179(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 8:35:55 PM
Wow! This is better then i thought. So I can just download John smith and go. Thanks bro.