technic launcher help.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. technic launcher help.
3 years ago#1
I just downloaded the technic launcher, (trying to play the yogbox again) but I'm having trouble installing it. I downloaded the Launcher EXE, but it keeps crashing at "Checking Launcher Version." I'm using 64 bit windows with 64 bit java, I've tried re-installing java, I've tried downloading the java link on the technicpack webiste, nothing seems to work. I had it working on my old laptop, but since I've got a new one I can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions?
3 years ago#2
I've abandoned the Yogbox for supporting Technic in any way. Let me know when Technic stops stealing and modifying mods to suit their tastes.
---
TezzaLovesBarryB (Moderator) | Posted 3/20/2012 8:15:41 PM | message detail | quote
mods suck
3 years ago#3
I actually got it working by installing 64-bit Java on 32-bit Windows... God knows why that worked.
---
Gotta be big damn heroes!
3 years ago#4
I've tried using different versions of java and that didnt work either. Maybe I'll try an older version of the launcher.
3 years ago#5
Xp/Vista/7?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0819-3671-2697
3 years ago#6
nmagod posted...
I've abandoned the Yogbox for supporting Technic in any way. Let me know when Technic stops stealing and modifying mods to suit their tastes.

Haters gonna hate.

Kanuckels posted...
I just downloaded the technic launcher, (trying to play the yogbox again) but I'm having trouble installing it. I downloaded the Launcher EXE, but it keeps crashing at "Checking Launcher Version." I'm using 64 bit windows with 64 bit java, I've tried re-installing java, I've tried downloading the java link on the technicpack webiste, nothing seems to work. I had it working on my old laptop, but since I've got a new one I can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions?

I would suggest getting 32-bit java as well. I've heard it's best to have both, but don't quote me on that.

Also, is your Minecraft install clean? I honestly don't know if that would affect it or not, but I made sure to have a clean install when I ran it.
---
Not changing this signature until saying "YAR MATEY" isn't a moddable offense.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. technic launcher help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived