for some reason i have been banned from a lot of servers.

#1little_spedvePosted 4/18/2012 6:47:40 PM
I have only been booted once when i trashed talked a kid that wrecked my building and poof i'm gone off teh server. Why is this effecting the servers i haven't even been on before? I am on WOM btw.
---
Asus G74Sx | Intel Core i7 2630 2.00Ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560m 2GB | 8GB's of Ram | 750GB HDD x2 | 1600X900 Screen|
#2Rolen74Posted 4/18/2012 7:00:29 PM
MCBans plugin maybe:
http://www.mcbans.com/
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#3Miracle_PaintPosted 4/18/2012 7:00:47 PM
Maybe you got banned from a server using MCBans or SharedBans or something, which means you'll be banned from all servers using said system. (I think that's how it works... never used it myself).
---
It's such a simple question; who's on first?
#4Typheus_OrikomaPosted 4/18/2012 7:35:15 PM
MCbans..absolutely the WORST idea for Minecraft. (next to dying torches)
---
Not changing this signature until saying "YAR MATEY" isn't a moddable offense.
#5zyrax2301Posted 4/18/2012 7:39:43 PM(edited)
Why? If you're a c*** you're not likely to change.

If I ran a server, I would install MCBans. I don't want known griefers coming in and ruining the fun.

@TC - Considering your anecdote you are one of the unfortunates who is not really a c***, and that is sad - let me get my little violin.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6Typheus_OrikomaPosted 4/18/2012 7:45:13 PM
Because not everyone who gets banned from a server is a "c***"

In fact, I'd say a large amount aren't.

Do you really agree that an honest player, who works well with others and likes playing online should be forced out of the numerous servers that use MCBans because some 12 year old banned him?

It's absolutely ridiculous considering the effortlessness involved in rolling back portions of a map, tracing who broke a block last, and simply fixing damage, especially with the ability to turn off explosions, fire spread, etc.

And on top of THAT, you have greylists and whitelists, which means a player will have to wait awhile to get on this server that can easily detect his griefing and ban him.

MCBans is just an unnecessary and easily manipulated precaution.
---
#7zyrax2301Posted 4/18/2012 7:51:27 PM
Yes I do. That's justice.

What's wrong with 12 year olds? In my experience playing online about 90% of Minecraft players are 12 year olds, and they're pretty onto it.
---
#8Typheus_OrikomaPosted 4/18/2012 7:57:44 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Yes I do. That's justice.

What's wrong with 12 year olds? In my experience playing online about 90% of Minecraft players are 12 year olds, and they're pretty onto it.

Justice is getting banned by some kid because you wouldn't put up with him teleporting you into a 2x2 bedrock room?
---
#9zyrax2301Posted 4/18/2012 8:13:53 PM
Yeah, probably. He's the boss.
---
#10Typheus_OrikomaPosted 4/18/2012 8:16:57 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Yeah, probably. He's the boss.

Boss of what?
---