Glitch in terrain generation?

#1I_hAtE_mOnStErSPosted 4/26/2012 7:07:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wPRu9.png

The terrain looks like it has been MCedited. It just suddenly stop generating. Anyone know what cause this?
#2Krauser86Posted 4/26/2012 7:19:07 PM(edited)
Chunk Error? I was playing on a server a while back, and the world had random pieces shuffled about after a server error, so you'd be flying through a Desert biome and there would be say several chunks of a Taiga Biome randomly in the middle of it. The world had to be reverted.

It had those really clean cut cliffs to, and it was the result of a ton of chunk errors affecting the entire map. You should fly around, and see if any other areas are affected.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Current Playing: Dark Souls | FFXIII-2
#3pstwoorbustPosted 4/26/2012 7:19:11 PM
Let me guess. You made that world in a previous version of Minecraft correct? Those occur when the terrain generation code is changed. Specifically when the farthest previously loaded chunks meet the newly generated ones. It's the same reason why when people post seeds they should include version number.
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
#4SorrowfulSongPosted 4/26/2012 7:19:31 PM
It looks like an irregular, yet not impossible, border between one biome/chunk and another. Cool texture pack.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3VYoC.png
#5Mufufu_MasterPosted 4/26/2012 8:36:07 PM
SorrowfulSong posted...
It looks like an irregular, yet not impossible, border between one biome/chunk and another. Cool texture pack.

what
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| Add me on Steam!
Currently stalking: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#6SorrowfulSongPosted 4/26/2012 8:42:28 PM
It looks like a flat wall where a jungle biome meets a grasslands biome. Unless I'm a lot more ignorant than I thought I was (which is a definite possibility), I don't see what the problem is.
---
El Bandido del Amor
#7ISendOutMarioPosted 4/27/2012 7:07:29 AM
SorrowfulSong posted...
It looks like a flat wall where a jungle biome meets a grasslands biome. Unless I'm a lot more ignorant than I thought I was (which is a definite possibility), I don't see what the problem is.

Well, flat walls like this are very abnormal, and the biome cuts into an ocean.

I'd geuss that maybe this world is kinda old, and it has existed cross generation, if you know what I mean. But I could be wrong.
---
Mario!! I choose you!!! * wah-hah!!* Use PWN!!
#8I_hAtE_mOnStErS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 7:11:57 AM
That world was newly made.
#9VeiledGenesisPosted 4/27/2012 9:11:38 AM
Honestly, they have messed with terrain generation so much, but haven't completely fixed long standing issues. Maybe someday. Hell, they still have late alpha and early beta issues that were never addressed.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#10cjnoonePosted 4/28/2012 11:07:49 PM
Get the seed to the world, remake it, and see if that occurs in the same spot again.

Coords if it does.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.