Finally, I have completed one of the most bold mega builds to date.

#31zeldalordPosted 5/5/2012 6:53:13 AM
I love how a triangular prism is more creative than a rectangular one.

My only complaint is that its not solid cobblestone, whats with the dirt sprinkled in?
" http://i45.tinypic.com/dmvihl.png "

Otherwise kudos on being so massively bored.
---
XBL - Gamertag: Zeldalord
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein.
#32VividAxisPosted 5/5/2012 7:46:54 AM

Every single idea and picture posted in this thread is far better than my tower. My tower is unimaginative, hollow, boring, time consuming, and pointless. And that was the entire point. The boldness comes from the sheer amount of worthlessness this tower gives off.

I hear what you're saying but you're proud of what you made. Otherwise you wouldn't have taken screenshots, uploaded them, and created a topic about it. You even started this off by saying: "It's ok to feel a little jealous.".

Suddenly...
http://mcarchitecture.tumblr.com/archive

That inspired me. Thank you. I tried to search for something like that a few days ago and couldn't find anything half as good.
#33akira595(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 8:48:42 AM
My only complaint is that its not solid cobblestone, whats with the dirt sprinkled in?
" http://i45.tinypic.com/dmvihl.png "

Otherwise kudos on being so massively bored.

Well, what I did was I flattened out a 32x32 spot on the ground and then I started digging down. I then used the stone I got by digging down to build the tower up. So there's random dirt because besides filling in holes to make it a solid wall, I left the walls below ground untouched (except to mine out diamonds and iron)

And I didn't just sit down and build this. I don't know if anyone could do something that dull. Anytime I worked on this, I'd listen to podcasts like This American Life or Car Talk.

I hear what you're saying but you're proud of what you made. Otherwise you wouldn't have taken screenshots, uploaded them, and created a topic about it. You even started this off by saying: "It's ok to feel a little jealous.".

Oh, I am proud of this. But I'm proud of it because it's so stupid yet massive. Sort of like how the people that live on an island called Yap are proud of their giant stone wheels they use as currency. Its charm comes from its impracticality and ridiculousness.
---
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."
#34The_Viking_SwanPosted 5/5/2012 9:30:19 AM
Meh I built a circular version of that on an smp server. Mine trumps yours in that it was actually furnished.
---
Official Archangel of smiting hipsters.
//NVBM\\
#35akira595(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 9:48:12 AM
Meh I built a circular version of that on an smp server. Mine trumps yours in that it was actually furnished.

Yours might look cooler than mine, but my tower is more boring than yours.
---
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."
#36ArchMageSynokPosted 5/5/2012 1:25:12 PM
I'd be more impressed if it was solid. Such a waste of good materials. *tear* Could have made a grand castle, instead creates the tower of babel. May God's wrath bring it crashing down on your big toe.
---
"I bought a ward against logic off a traveling fortune-teller," Wayne explained, "It lets me add two n' two and get a pickle" GT- Synok
#37ShatrdSkatrPosted 5/5/2012 2:42:12 PM
Oh look. Someone decided to get real creative and construct a big square tower. Genious

BUT WAIT

There's also a big square hole in the ground too! MAN, someone get this guy a medal!

Well, at least he used many different materials and styles in this artwork. Instead of using JUST COBBLESTONE

Totally set the bar high with this build bro

I speak for the entirety of gamefaqs when I say this

"BRAVO"
---
PSN - Cack333
Minecraft is a time machine, sure it only travels in one direction, but if you want a day to end, play a little minecrack. - Kinkajou1015
#38Nintendude128Posted 5/5/2012 2:50:35 PM
How tall is it?
---
Proud to be EPic.
Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts...
#39paradoxworldPosted 5/5/2012 2:51:25 PM
I made a pyramid that was the maximum size possible. The top block was at the height limit, and it went all the way to bedrock.

I then proceeded to FUBAR the world by using worldedit to try to bury it in sand. Keep in mind the pyramid was made by just me and by hand. The materials were cheated in only. I placed every single block by hand. I then FUBAR'd the world not 10 minutes after completing it. It took 13 hours. And no, there was no fixing the world. I literally broke the world generator. My oceans had deep abysses running through them, land in new chunks was uneven with surrounding chunks, valleys appeared where new chunks tried to generate. All because I wanted to bury it in sand and save some time.

FML

(but it's ok now, because the new height limit made it obsolete anyways. I might make another one.)
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#40MathusRaynPosted 5/5/2012 3:09:57 PM
I am not jelly of the time you wasted on an ugly cobblestone tower.