Problem installing forge

#1OsaacPosted 5/18/2012 10:34:30 AM
So I'm trying to get equivalent exchange, and it says to install modloader, modloaderMP, and forge before EE. I can install modloader and modloaderMP just fine, and everything still works. However, after I install forge, it freezes at "done loading" after I login. I've restored minecraft.jar and retried installing everything several times, and each time, the modloaders both work but forge makes it freeze.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
---
i beard
#2aj_hacker87Posted 5/18/2012 11:20:54 AM
The latest version of forge makes modloadermp incompatible with it. Try without modloadermp.
---
#3Osaac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 11:31:46 AM
nope, same problem. Works fine with just the loader, but forge gives the "done loading" freeze.
---
i beard
#4aj_hacker87Posted 5/18/2012 11:53:02 AM(edited)
You are installing audio-mod right its on the same page as mod-loader?

Edit So just did a test put mod-loader,audio-mod and forge in the jar and its all working for me
---
#5Osaac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 1:33:40 PM
Okay, starting with a fresh .jar, I installed modloader, audiomod, and the forge. Same problem. Then I tried again with modloader, audiomod, and modloadermp, then forge. Same problem.
On a whim, I tried installing EE with modloader, audiomod, and modloadermp, but WITHOUT forge and it crashed, but I didn't expect that to work anyway. modloader.txt said something about it couldn't find forge, which I did expect.

I'm certain now that it's a problem with forge, or at least, how I'm doing it, since with moadloader, audiomod and modloadermp, I tried a few other mods (light sensors and biospheres) and they worked just fine.

Is there a special way to install forge? I'm just opening the forge .rar in winrar and dragging the contents into minecraft.jar (also opened in winrar), which is what the download page said to do.
---
i beard
#6aj_hacker87Posted 5/18/2012 1:36:38 PM
Osaac posted...
Okay, starting with a fresh .jar, I installed modloader, audiomod, and the forge. Same problem. Then I tried again with modloader, audiomod, and modloadermp, then forge. Same problem.
On a whim, I tried installing EE with modloader, audiomod, and modloadermp, but WITHOUT forge and it crashed, but I didn't expect that to work anyway. modloader.txt said something about it couldn't find forge, which I did expect.

I'm certain now that it's a problem with forge, or at least, how I'm doing it, since with moadloader, audiomod and modloadermp, I tried a few other mods (light sensors and biospheres) and they worked just fine.

Is there a special way to install forge? I'm just opening the forge .rar in winrar and dragging the contents into minecraft.jar (also opened in winrar), which is what the download page said to do.

Yeh your doing it right out of curiosity what version of forge are you using?
---
#7Osaac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 1:41:07 PM
---
i beard
#8shortyjr0Posted 5/18/2012 1:50:00 PM(edited)
I came onto the forums to check about this as well.

Glad to find out im not the only one with the problem.

edit: I made sure I had Modloader, Forge, and the Audio mod installed and still nothing. I can get as far as selecting a world but then the screen goes black and freezes.

So much for modding today..
---
IGN: Sikendo
This account has been suspended until January 24, 2286 due to banning from the Tribunal.
#9aj_hacker87Posted 5/18/2012 1:47:05 PM
Osaac posted...

No I meant the build of the forge version I have "minecraftforge-client-3.1.3.105" thats the latest stable build of forge out at the moment.
---
#10Osaac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 2:29:11 PM
It doesn't say, I got it here:

http://www.minecraftdl.com/minecraft-forge-api/

I'll go grab one from minecraft forums, I guess.
---
i beard