yeah, how do you use it? --- PSN/XBL:"Takun32":Wii 4216-2612-6271(fake) Sunny ruined MGS4- PLAY B3YOND
#2bobby16mayPosted 5/25/2012 12:33:04 PM
download it, and drag it into your appdata/roaming/.minecraft/bin folder. remember to back up the 1.2.5 jar. --- Halo Reach is like rock paper scissors, but with aliens and military explosives.-retro_menace OFFICIAL 3rd worst player; Halo Reach board
#3TStoddenPosted 5/25/2012 1:24:48 PM
The snapshots are a DIY here... but here are the steps...
0) If you haven't already, pay for the game & download the current release version using the downloadable game client.
1) Download the snapshot version to your computer.
2) Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/bin (enter this in the search bar for Vista / 7. XP users go to Run first) -- If you're a MAC / Linux user... YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN HERE (as I don't know where they store the files).
3) Replace the release version of minecraft.jar with the snapshot version
IMPORTANT NOTE: Nearly ALL public servers do not support snapshot releases, so make sure you keep the release version of minecraft.jar in a safe place so you can swap back (& avoid re-downloading it).
Additionally, most mods do not work on snapshot releases... so you'll have to live without them (as attempting to install them may crash the game due to incompatibilities with the snapshot).
4) Close all windows, launch the game client & enjoy! --- ~TStodden Game Monkey likes you...