best npc village seeds?

#1shadows101fallPosted 5/27/2012 1:33:52 AM
it's almost impossible to spawn near one with a random seed. Only happened once to me. I like to expand villages into empires with people actually living in the city
---
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/tclay ... Wait.. What?
#2thaandieselPosted 5/27/2012 6:21:20 AM
you need to download and install more villages mod, i have 75% more villages, you choose your percentage :)
---
<- Q9550@3.3 - G31M - Hyper 212+ - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 650mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->
#3Defensor24Posted 5/27/2012 7:31:48 AM
Can't you just build a village and NPCs will spawn in it? I haven't tried it yet but I was under the impression that if you made a village with enough doors that NPCs will appear in it. I might be incorrect though.
#4chaosgamer99Posted 5/27/2012 8:21:46 AM
Defensor24 posted...
Can't you just build a village and NPCs will spawn in it? I haven't tried it yet but I was under the impression that if you made a village with enough doors that NPCs will appear in it. I might be incorrect though.

Incorrect. You cannot just build a city, and then NPC's spawn, atleast I don't think so.
---
I shall not change this until I have a girlfriend
Started 05/25/12
#5aquasPosted 5/27/2012 8:27:11 AM
Unlike zombies, villagers don't magically appear (no matter how pretty your town may be.) If you create a custom town you have to migrate villagers from another part of the map or spawn them in with eggs from creative.

I have a few seeds but I'm not at my PC so I will try and post them later this evening.
---
"All for one and one for all. You go first I've got a bad leg."
#6Defensor24Posted 5/27/2012 8:27:19 AM
Hmmm I will have to test this. I was under the impression that it could happen but maybe I misunderstood. Maybe it is necessary to then take an npc villager or two to the created town with the prerequisite doors.
#7Defensor24Posted 5/27/2012 8:35:50 AM
I found what I was thinking of.

"Creating NPC Villages

The player is capable of founding a new village by "transplanting" villagers from an existing village, as long as the following conditions are met:

Must be at least 40 blocks from the "boundary" of the existing village, or else villagers will simply return to the village.

There must be homes at the new village, or else the villagers will simply wander.

As a villager cannot be manually pushed far past the boundary of the village, a common method for transplanting villagers from an older town to a newer one is placing tracks, and pushing the villagers into minecarts - they will simply sit in the minecart and not react to the village border as they pass it, until they are removed from the cart. It is often helpful, but not required, to place the doors of the homes after the arrival of the villagers to speed detection. You can also simply destroy all the doors in the villages which will remove the boundary."

The info can be found at http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Npc_village
#8thaandieselPosted 5/27/2012 2:32:11 PM
you can, but it takes a few minutes to complete a house, not to mention the time to style it. yea, you can just create structures for people to spawn, but tends to look boring. download that mod, have 2 or more villages per larger biome, even on mountains and in cliffs.
---
<- Q9550@3.3 - G31M - Hyper 212+ - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 650mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->
#9aquasPosted 5/27/2012 6:41:56 PM
As I promised;

333439281 - Beyond the trees there is a pumpkin patch, behind that is a hill, head up the hill, around the crater and beyond lies the village.

2127483562 - You can see the village from the spawn.

1992862990 - Head towards the jungle and it lies near the edge of it.

-69263111 - If you head straight forwards you will see a jungle, to the left is a nice pool of lava. Turn around and head back the way you came, after you pass your original spawn point you will see another jungle and the village lies next to it.

-4815580846367853102 - Climb the hill and look for the desert to your left, just on the edge lies the 'village.' This is one of my fave village spawns ;)
---
"All for one and one for all. You go first I've got a bad leg."