Anybody has any advice for Enchanting SIlk Touch??

#1JunDagekiPosted 5/27/2012 1:44:58 PM
Ok,after so much effort and dedication i finally reached lv 50 and prepared the Enchanting place with all the bookcase, i read the wiki but technically it's saying you can't read the specific enchantment which means i am screwed...

All i want is Silk Touch (but of course other effects would be great), anybody has experience with this? what should i do? should i spend all my lv 50 in one diamond pickaxe? or that is not necessary? please help and thanks.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#2IilpapaPosted 5/27/2012 1:47:14 PM
Try a 22 if you don't get it with this level 50.
---
http://www.mediafire.com/?as23z53adfzxb57 Download to my alpha of my game, a text based rpg. This is the third version
/) PP is the best.
#3MC_BatCommanderPosted 5/27/2012 1:52:19 PM
Get lucky
---
#4TuxedoCyanPosted 5/27/2012 1:56:56 PM(edited)
Level 50 gives you a 14% chance of getting silk touch on a diamond pick. But at the cost of 4625 exp.

Level 22 gives you a 7% chance of getting silk touch on a diamond pick at only the cost of 957 exp.

So technically, it's better to enchant at 22 for silk touch cause it cost far less exp. Only thing is, you might have to try multiple times more then you would for level 50 enchants, meaning you'd need more diamonds. I've never had problems getting it at level 50 myself though.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#5JunDageki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 1:59:04 PM
Damn i gave it a try and i couldn't get it...basically got all effects with high level except Silk Touch lol.............

Unbreaking III
Fortune III
Efficiency IV
---
#6TuxedoCyanPosted 5/27/2012 1:59:47 PM
JunDageki posted...
Damn i gave it a try and i couldn't get it...basically got all effects with high level except Silk Touch lol.............

Unbreaking III
Fortune III
Efficiency IV

That's still a great pickaxe. Get lots of diamonds with that and try some level 22 enchants.
---
#7JunDageki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 2:03:19 PM
Yeah, thanks for the advice, i will try the lv 22 for now on.
---
#8_DTM_Posted 5/27/2012 2:04:41 PM
I say just trying at 50. 22 gives a better chance for a Silk Touch only pick but at 50 you can hope get Unbreaking with it. Plus less diamonds being used and whatever you get at 50 will most likely always be better than a 22.
---
Let's Plays and more:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTM291
#9TuxedoCyanPosted 5/27/2012 2:11:58 PM
_DTM_ posted...
I say just trying at 50. 22 gives a better chance for a Silk Touch only pick but at 50 you can hope get Unbreaking with it. Plus less diamonds being used and whatever you get at 50 will most likely always be better than a 22.

Yeah I agree with this, especially for getting efficiency and or unbreaking III, which would make the pick last much longer. I also favor using less diamond picks over using more for the level 22 enchant.
---
#10JunDageki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 2:12:08 PM
True, i think im going to use lv 22 on Iron Pickaxe and lv 50 Diamond Pickaxe.
---