Has anyone found cocoa beans in the jungle yet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Has anyone found cocoa beans in the jungle yet?
3 years ago#1
I've seen pictures of how they're supposed to look, and I happen to be right by a jungle. I haven't seen any cocoa plants yet though. Are they really, REALLY rare, or am I not looking in the right places?
---
---I'm not stupid, just ignorant....
3 years ago#2
Are you using a snapshot? Because I don't think the cocoa plants that grow in the jungles are in 1.2.5.
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.
3 years ago#3
Right now that's only in the 1.3 snapshots and the jungle has to have been made /generated in 1.3 So if the jungle was made in a 1.2.5 world and then updated you will be able to place the beans but won't find them yourself.
3 years ago#4
Right now, only the Post-1.2.5 snapshots will have that... as it's not implemented in 1.2.5, it's planned for 1.3 though.
---
~TStodden
Game Monkey likes you...
3 years ago#5
So even though I'm by a really big jungle, I'd have to find another one after 1.3 to find cocoa beans? Dagnabbit! Ah well, I don't need cookies or brown wool anyways...
---
---I'm not stupid, just ignorant....
3 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure that jungle tree leaves have a very small chance to produce cocoa beans in 1.3. So you don't have to go dungeon diving or find a post 1.3 jungle biome to get some beans, just chop down a lot of jungle trees.
---
"forget you people, you don't understand, I'm done with this"-X-Japan
3 years ago#7
sophocles5 posted...
I'm pretty sure that jungle tree leaves have a very small chance to produce cocoa beans in 1.3. So you don't have to go dungeon diving or find a post 1.3 jungle biome to get some beans, just chop down a lot of jungle trees.

That was removed, jungle leaves don't drop cocoa beans anymore. Plants are the only way to get them (or finding them in dungeons, the old way)
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
3 years ago#8
I played a couple snapshots ago and found those things literally everywhere, on trees all around me. Was actually kinda OP if anything in my opinion. Cookies for days.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Has anyone found cocoa beans in the jungle yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived