Has anyone found cocoa beans in the jungle yet?

#1lonetigressPosted 7/9/2012 11:31:31 AM
I've seen pictures of how they're supposed to look, and I happen to be right by a jungle. I haven't seen any cocoa plants yet though. Are they really, REALLY rare, or am I not looking in the right places?
---
---I'm not stupid, just ignorant....
#2AROCK86Posted 7/9/2012 12:09:13 PM
Are you using a snapshot? Because I don't think the cocoa plants that grow in the jungles are in 1.2.5.
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.
#3MegeasPosted 7/9/2012 12:15:10 PM
Right now that's only in the 1.3 snapshots and the jungle has to have been made /generated in 1.3 So if the jungle was made in a 1.2.5 world and then updated you will be able to place the beans but won't find them yourself.
#4TStoddenPosted 7/9/2012 12:25:28 PM
Right now, only the Post-1.2.5 snapshots will have that... as it's not implemented in 1.2.5, it's planned for 1.3 though.
---
~TStodden
Game Monkey likes you...
#5lonetigress(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 1:39:47 PM
So even though I'm by a really big jungle, I'd have to find another one after 1.3 to find cocoa beans? Dagnabbit! Ah well, I don't need cookies or brown wool anyways...
---
---I'm not stupid, just ignorant....
#6sophocles5Posted 7/9/2012 1:57:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that jungle tree leaves have a very small chance to produce cocoa beans in 1.3. So you don't have to go dungeon diving or find a post 1.3 jungle biome to get some beans, just chop down a lot of jungle trees.
---
"forget you people, you don't understand, I'm done with this"-X-Japan
#7TuxedoCyanPosted 7/9/2012 3:28:06 PM
sophocles5 posted...
I'm pretty sure that jungle tree leaves have a very small chance to produce cocoa beans in 1.3. So you don't have to go dungeon diving or find a post 1.3 jungle biome to get some beans, just chop down a lot of jungle trees.

That was removed, jungle leaves don't drop cocoa beans anymore. Plants are the only way to get them (or finding them in dungeons, the old way)
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#8DeVespilloPosted 7/9/2012 3:29:54 PM
I played a couple snapshots ago and found those things literally everywhere, on trees all around me. Was actually kinda OP if anything in my opinion. Cookies for days.