Technic Pack is confusing the **** out of me.

#1dark trunksPosted 7/23/2012 3:03:46 PM
Ok, so I decided to change my character skin and that was a complete success. For once, nothing went wrong.

Until I loaded Technic. For some reason it did an update, but that's fine, no problem. Game loaded, black screen, I'm losing health and I die. I finally find my house again, and my windows are gone. Half of what I did earlier is gone.

I exit, and I'm on a different update. I change it, load up and my windows are back, other progress I made earlier is back. But items are gone. The recipe window at the side has gone from 44 items to about 38 or less, one of my chests has disappeared and I can't for the life of me work out what the **** has happened here.

I swear, every single time I try to use a mod or do something in Minecraft, something screws up somewhere and I don't know why. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's something I did, but holy crap I can't figure out what happened.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how I can fix it?
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#2DignatoReRaisedPosted 7/23/2012 4:38:47 PM
You changed to a version of the technic pack that had less in it.

I'd suggest deleting your world and starting over >__>
---
http://www.twitch.tv/champloomusashi
Every Saturday from 8 PM Est to Sunday at 2 AM. The current game is .Hack//INFECTION
#3dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2012 4:56:59 PM
DignatoReRaised posted...
You changed to a version of the technic pack that had less in it.

I'd suggest deleting your world and starting over >__>

I ended up doing that.

It's weird though, because I changed it manually to the most recent update. I had no problem. Then, when I did encounter a problem I set it to the recommended update. Even then, though, it didn't fix itself.

So yeah, it ended up being a complete delete and start over. That's all that worked.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#4DignatoReRaisedPosted 7/23/2012 5:03:58 PM
Well the latest version of technic pack (Not the recommended one) doesn't have forestry, I believe. (That might just be tekkit, but I honestly can't remember haha)

So there could be some conflicts happening there if you happened to have any forestry stuff?
---
Every Saturday from 8 PM Est to Sunday at 2 AM. The current game is .Hack//INFECTION
#5dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2012 6:00:04 PM
Well the latest version of technic pack (Not the recommended one) doesn't have forestry, I believe. (That might just be tekkit, but I honestly can't remember haha)

So there could be some conflicts happening there if you happened to have any forestry stuff?

I don't. Never even heard of it.

It's weird, though. I'm on recommended now, it's all fine. I have 45 available items (assuming they didn't add more?).

I change to the most recent manually, it drops by ten items. I lost all the Catalyst stuff. Maybe that NEI thing screwed it all up. I wanted to freely switch between Survival and Creation so I turned that on. Could be having that on, switching updates, who knows what, caused a problem to occur.
---
#6DignatoReRaisedPosted 7/23/2012 6:03:31 PM
dark trunks posted...

It's weird, though. I'm on recommended now, it's all fine. I have 45 available items (assuming they didn't add more?).

I change to the most recent manually, it drops by ten items. I lost all the Catalyst stuff. Maybe that NEI thing screwed it all up. I wanted to freely switch between Survival and Creation so I turned that on. Could be having that on, switching updates, who knows what, caused a problem to occur.

The number isn't the number of items, it's the number of pages available.

And NEI doesn't really conflict with any content mods, but that sounds like EE (Equivalent Exchange) got a bit messed up. No idea how that would really happen though.
---
#7dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2012 6:57:47 PM
dark trunks posted...

And NEI doesn't really conflict with any content mods, but that sounds like EE (Equivalent Exchange) got a bit messed up. No idea how that would really happen though.

Ah, right. Ok, so I lost ten pages. It had been 45, and it dropped to 35.

Yeah, it was weird. I know you said this had no effect, but I even went back to the NEI folder, just in case, to change it back to true, but the option was gone. I cleared the cache, and tried everything in my power to get everything back to square one. Nothing worked. So as you said, I just removed it and started over. The only thing I'm bothered about losing is a mine I started, no big deal, I know where it is.

I don't know if this is something with the newest update, but does it just have too many items attached? If I start Technic now, on the main menu it has Minecraft 1.1.

I changed it straight up to 7.2.3|1.2.5 before, and in the bottom left it had Optifine and Too Many Items.
---
#8DignatoReRaisedPosted 7/23/2012 11:18:12 PM
This is just really weird.

I suppose if things continue being weird, you could always just delete the .techniclauncher folder and completely re-install the whole pack.
---
#9RyoAikyoPosted 7/24/2012 3:06:50 AM
dark trunks posted...

EE isn't in the latest build of technic so that would have gotten rid of any related items.
---
My adventures in Terraria
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ryo_Aikyo/screenshots/
#10usaraudPosted 7/24/2012 3:57:06 AM
RyoAikyo posted...
dark trunks posted...

EE isn't in the latest build of technic so that would have gotten rid of any related items.

true... but EE2 is...
---
If I am currently flaming you... this applies "It's because of people like you that there is no air in space..." -me