Technic Update.

#1Dragonfire358Posted 7/29/2012 1:31:34 AM
Yeah so I went to go play Technic today and it asked me to update so I clicked yes. After doing so I tried loading up my save and it said "converting to Anvil". I was't worried because I've seen it many times when updating regular Minecraft. Then, as soon as it loaded my game every single machine I had and then some were gone and I didn't have marble walls anymore. Almost like the mods don;t exist anymore. Anyone else have this problem yet. I'm pretty annoyed becasue I had a lot of stuff and was just about to start a nuclear reactor. Now I need to start all over again and hope it's fixed.
#2Mufufu_MasterPosted 7/29/2012 1:40:34 AM
Some mods were lost in an update. You updated from 1.1 to 1.2.
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| Add me on Steam!
Currently stalking: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#3AzcatrazPosted 7/29/2012 2:55:10 AM
I just ragequit myself. I'll come back in a while I'm sure, but for now I have to release my rage in other more violent games.
---
Look at dem birds! :D
Just call me Az.
#4caradacosPosted 7/29/2012 3:15:56 AM
Can you not go back to a previous version? I spent ages on that and now all my machines and buildings are gone.
Even the ores from technic are gone. Its basically vanilla minecraft.
#5frozen_flamesPosted 7/29/2012 3:31:38 AM
Such is the price of playing with Technic, just another reason why I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.
---
Can you hear the drums?
#6mini maggitPosted 7/29/2012 4:22:40 AM
you werent alone. i had just finished my automated condenser, nuclear reactor, and aabout 4 mansions

this message board had an answer, i was able to get everything back

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/if-your-world-was-messed-up-by-7-2.17544/
---
"I feel lethal. On the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"
#7AzcatrazPosted 7/29/2012 4:42:35 AM
That fix seems lucky, I'll try it out later. But I might just restart if they don't find a way to keep mod items through the Anvil conversion.
---
Just call me Az.
#8Dragonfire358(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 5:17:14 AM
Well it's good to see I'm not alone. What I don't understand was that after that happened I made a new world to re-check it and I found crystals from the yogbox that I never found before the update. Also, in the new world, everything is still there. I was able to re-make a generator and all of the other machines I had. The only thing that was gone was the ability to put waypoints down. It's a little weird that I can make a new world and have everything but my old world won't fix itself. Thanks for everyones input. I'll see I can fix it but if not, I guess I'll have to start a new world.
#9AzcatrazPosted 7/29/2012 5:30:39 AM(edited)
I think that the problem is with the Anvil conversion itself, not any mod problems. The converter isn't designed to keep items with non-vanilla IDs, so when it recodes the data it just omits the modded blocks. That's why I'm unsure as to whether or not they can fix this. However, I believe that Jeb made the converter open source when he first announced it, so they might be able to do something with that.

Unless you're totally okay with starting anew or you feel like editing all your old items in I would just stay with the last build and wait until they say something about what they can or can't do.
---
Just call me Az.