The Tekkit Launcher

#1SoulMaster252Posted 7/30/2012 8:53:58 PM
Is it easy to use mods for it like Magic Launcher?
---
"How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand." - Emo Philips
"I live on a one-way dead-end street." - Steven Wright
#2CelticLink94Posted 7/30/2012 9:29:07 PM
Not sure what Magic Launcher is, but if you're talking about the Tekkit launcher in the technic pack, there are already a buttload of mods in it. Check those out first, I've been pleasantly surprised.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#3pstwoorbustPosted 7/30/2012 9:32:33 PM
Magic launcher and tekkit launchers are very different.

Magic allows you to put whatever mods you want together (as long as they are compatible) (and as long as you know what you're doing)

Tekkit/technic launcher gives you several choices of gameplay with many mods smashed together, with a team of people working to make sure there aren't bugs/incompatibilities between the LARGE amount of mods in each pack. There is an option to turn off certain mods in each modpack though
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
#4Matais99Posted 7/31/2012 12:03:14 AM
As far as I know, you can technically use Magic Launcher to install mods into the the Technic Launcher.

However, considering the huge number of mods that Technic contains, it'll probably be hard to find a mod that is actually compatible with Technic.

Also as a note, when you install Technic, it installs as a seperate file with its own folder in appdata, and its own jar file. So you can always go and play the vanilla version (or your modded version) of minecraft.
#5usaraudPosted 7/31/2012 3:32:25 AM
Matais99 posted...
As far as I know, you can technically use Magic Launcher to install mods into the the Technic Launcher.

However, considering the huge number of mods that Technic contains, it'll probably be hard to find a mod that is actually compatible with Technic.

Also as a note, when you install Technic, it installs as a seperate file with its own folder in appdata, and its own jar file. So you can always go and play the vanilla version (or your modded version) of minecraft.

I've only tried adding 1 mod to technic... Elemental creepers,

It is compatible... And let's face it, who DOESN'T want more creepers in their world
---
If I am currently flaming you... this applies "It's because of people like you that there is no air in space..." -me
#6thaandieselPosted 7/31/2012 5:56:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SoulMaster252(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 5:06:42 PM
Which version of Java do I need for it? I downloaded it earlier, but when I try to run it, it says "Can't Find Java Directory."
---
#8SoulMaster252(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 11:53:52 PM
Bump.

Maybe this will help?

Version: Java SE 7 Update 05
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1
Java Architecture: 32-bit
---