Anyone know how to allocate more Ram for Minecraft?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Anyone know how to allocate more Ram for Minecraft?
3 years ago#1
I have 8 gigs and think I'm experiencing more bugs when using super HD packs so would like to try and allocate more ram.
3 years ago#2
I believe you need to use a batch script to do this.
---
S1nharvest posted..
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt
3 years ago#3
One way of doing it is a batch script. Another is to use the Technic Launcher. You will need to copy the files in your .minecraft folder into %appdata%/.techniclauncher/vanilla, and then boot up the Technic Launcher. Select "Vanilla" in the top-left dropdown menu, then click options. Select a higher amount of RAM to allocate (with your amount I'd say allocate 4 gb) and click ok, then login. I'd only recommend this if you will use the TL for one or more of its modpacks as well.
---
Official Black 2 board Blaziken.
"Boom! Check me out as I show off my skills to the world." -Worst Ad on Youtube
3 years ago#4
You can do either of the above, however if you use a batch file I don't think you can go online (I think it bypasses the login screen, so you'll be offline automatically) But that was a long time ago when I tried it so things may have changed.

The surefire way to do it is this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/350344-allocating-more-memory-to-java-windows/
---
GT: LzyRob3
3 years ago#5
Magic Launcher and MultiMC (two replacement launchers) both have options for increasing allocated ram. Plus, they both take a lot of the fuss out of installing mods that normally have to go in the jar.
---
"We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Anyone know how to allocate more Ram for Minecraft?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived