Anyone know how to allocate more Ram for Minecraft?

#1MASKOAAAPosted 8/9/2012 6:21:58 PM
I have 8 gigs and think I'm experiencing more bugs when using super HD packs so would like to try and allocate more ram.
#2IilpapaPosted 8/9/2012 6:37:25 PM
I believe you need to use a batch script to do this.
---
S1nharvest posted..
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt
#3spartalaughsPosted 8/9/2012 6:49:14 PM
One way of doing it is a batch script. Another is to use the Technic Launcher. You will need to copy the files in your .minecraft folder into %appdata%/.techniclauncher/vanilla, and then boot up the Technic Launcher. Select "Vanilla" in the top-left dropdown menu, then click options. Select a higher amount of RAM to allocate (with your amount I'd say allocate 4 gb) and click ok, then login. I'd only recommend this if you will use the TL for one or more of its modpacks as well.
---
Official Black 2 board Blaziken.
"Boom! Check me out as I show off my skills to the world." -Worst Ad on Youtube
#4LzyRobPosted 8/9/2012 8:52:35 PM
You can do either of the above, however if you use a batch file I don't think you can go online (I think it bypasses the login screen, so you'll be offline automatically) But that was a long time ago when I tried it so things may have changed.

The surefire way to do it is this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/350344-allocating-more-memory-to-java-windows/
---
GT: LzyRob3
#5NinjaKitsunePosted 8/9/2012 9:21:41 PM
Magic Launcher and MultiMC (two replacement launchers) both have options for increasing allocated ram. Plus, they both take a lot of the fuss out of installing mods that normally have to go in the jar.
---
"We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."