Tekkit Force Field Help!

#1poisontoxicPosted 8/18/2012 1:24:28 PM(edited)
So my base was griefed today! and i wanted to try something i never done before, FORCE FIELD!

so I went singleplayer creative to make sure i know what im doing before I use my resource in multiplayer..

I made the core, the eu projector and mmsf thing... I even added a zapper, this forcefield is connected to nuclear reactor+2 chamber.

I set the radius to 20, and nuke plant is connected to msfe.

My problem is that when I dig down 2 blocks infront of forcefield, then quickly dig 2 blocks forward, I can get inside before the force field appears. I have tried this multiple times and i can always escape! so I tried the block cutter.. and.. well,, my frame rate dropped from 50fps to1 fpm.

I added 2 High voltage solar just to make sure the power is strong... it is

TL;DR (too long didn't read)
How do I make a block cutter, cut blocks without drops?
How do i make force field appear faster when it covers an empty block?
How do I get 20 radius, but I want it all the way to bedrock?

what is a better way to keep unwanted visitors out?
---
Gamefaq: Food for troll, No questions allowed.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6287/dotsnake.gif
#2Cookie BagPosted 8/18/2012 1:25:39 PM
Use the block cutter upgrade, it makes a cube around the forcefield instead of a dome, be warned though, once you activate it, it breaks every block around, leaving many entities around that might lag you.

Then again i'm not sure if the sapper upgrade destroys dropped blocks.. if it does then you wont have problems.

Also i don't think you can get from surface to bedrock with a forcefield, even if you could you might crash the server...

You can always use a camouflage upgrade, and leave it empty so it looks like there's no forcefield, and watch how people come and die.
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#3Cookie BagPosted 8/18/2012 1:26:25 PM
Just finished reading your post... yeah the block cutter tends to kill FPS, you can always try and bring some lava to quickly remove the items :x

Or if EE is enabled a black hole ring, that sucks all the items near you to you.
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#4poisontoxic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 7:24:39 PM
the zapper does not destroy the items,
---
Gamefaq: Food for troll, No questions allowed.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6287/dotsnake.gif
#5Hellfire-1Posted 8/18/2012 8:21:13 PM
You can create force fields in Tekkit! :O

I've got to look into this mod...
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.