Looking for a Vanilla Server

#1NightRyderFirePosted 8/28/2012 2:39:34 PM(edited)
I've been looking and browsing around on the Minecraft forums pretty much all day to find a vanilla server to play on. I applied for a couple, but I didn't get a response/the server wasn't working. Most of the servers on the Minecraft forums are modded to hell or are prison servers. I don't mind things that help prevent griefing and stealing, or things that prevent hacks/cheats. I don't want an economy. I don't want chest shops. I don't want classes, factions, or whatever else. Just vanilla. I don't mind filling out an application to be whitelisted; however I do not want to go through hoops and hurdles (both literally and figuratively) to get whitelisted and build-rights. I am just starting to get back into Minecraft after being on break from it for quite some time.

TLDR; I want a vanila server. With a whitelist application is fine, but I don't want to jump over lava for it.

P.S. "I do not want to go through hoops and hurdles" doesn't sound right to me...Anyone know the correct expression?
---
Only in the darkest nights do the stars shine brightest. ~Me
Black is just a rainbow in disguise. ~Me
#2MarbiaachPosted 8/28/2012 2:46:56 PM
Through the fire and flames?

..........Close enough?
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#3NightRyderFire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 2:52:38 PM
Marbiaach posted...
Through the fire and flames?

..........Close enough?

Eh, yeah, that's close enough. Get's the point across without sounding completely stupid. Anyways Marb, are you currently on any vanilla servers?
---
#4MarbiaachPosted 8/28/2012 2:57:21 PM
Nope. Haven't been able to find one. Recently I started playing a Survival Games server, and that's kept me entertained (and in rage) for some time.
---
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#5NightRyderFire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 2:58:15 PM
Marbiaach posted...
Nope. Haven't been able to find one. Recently I started playing a Survival Games server, and that's kept me entertained (and in rage) for some time.

Oh? What games does it have? I am a little interested.
---
#6MarbiaachPosted 8/28/2012 3:01:53 PM
It has eight arenas. And Survival Games isn't the only thing it offers. There's also plain survival (Haven't tried it, but I know it has mods on it so it's not entirely vanilla.), creative, spleef, and Skyblock.

The ip is play.skitscape.com. The website is skitscape.com

It has 1000 slots (not a typo, 1000.) but there's usually 300 people online, at high hours.
It's fun, and skitscape regularly plays on it, and AntVenom rarely plays, but he does get on sometimes.
---
#7MarbiaachPosted 8/28/2012 3:06:23 PM
Also, Arena 8 is the best, arena 5 is poop.
---
#8NightRyderFire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 3:08:16 PM
Marbiaach posted...
It has eight arenas. And Survival Games isn't the only thing it offers. There's also plain survival (Haven't tried it, but I know it has mods on it so it's not entirely vanilla.), creative, spleef, and Skyblock.

It has 1000 slots (not a typo, 1000.) but there's usually 300 people online, at high hours.
It's fun, and skitscape regularly plays on it, and AntVenom rarely plays, but he does get on sometimes.

Hm, I added it to my server list and it says "can't reach server". Is it currently down? I think I'll get on and try it out, maybe even try out that survival world.
---
#9MarbiaachPosted 8/28/2012 3:13:06 PM
NightRyderFire posted...
Marbiaach posted...

Hm, I added it to my server list and it says "can't reach server". Is it currently down? I think I'll get on and try it out, maybe even try out that survival world.

Yeah..he's been having some trouble with 1.3. But keep refreshing or just do something else while it re-connects. I only had this problem the first time I registered the server, but it fixed itself soon enough.
---
#10NightRyderFire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 3:17:25 PM
Marbiaach posted...
NightRyderFire posted...
Marbiaach posted...

Yeah..he's been having some trouble with 1.3. But keep refreshing or just do something else while it re-connects. I only had this problem the first time I registered the server, but it fixed itself soon enough.

Alright, thanks. I'll keep any eye out on it while I look for a vanilla server or something to play on. If you find any good vanilla servers, be sure to send me a PM or something. :3
---