So, now we can dye leather armour...

#1BeidhaPosted 8/29/2012 4:04:28 AM
But not metal, which would be stupid. Now, what if you can use wool to make a tunic or something to go over your armour, and then you can dye that. What do you guys think, good or bad idea?
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#2WlffrsetherPosted 8/29/2012 4:40:26 AM
No, as it would make you able to disguise your enchanted diamond armor underneath, which is part of why dyeing is only available on leather armor in the first place, if I remember correctly.

I do love the basic idea of capes, cloaks and other apparel though. More RP is always welcome.
---
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every second of it.
#3MephystoPosted 8/29/2012 5:19:47 AM
I think the whole thing's completely stupid. You can dye armor to your color preference now! ...yes! ...wait... ...but only the crappy, low-end stuff that almost no one wears if they have any choice at all because it's leather, and leather doesn't protect you for crap.. *facepalm*

They should've made iron the dyable armor type if they were choosing just one... at least you get decent armor protection with iron and it's not overly used or abused like diamond. Would've given the 2nd tier a chance to shine at something anyway.

/rant
#4Tzuba12Posted 8/29/2012 5:43:10 AM
Yeah dying leather armor is pretty unnecessary. I never use leather and just go straight to iron whenever I start a new world.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#5VechzPosted 8/29/2012 7:11:41 AM
Dying leather armor isn't for general gameplay. It's there to help map makers give different teams different colors without giving one side a defensive boost.
---
My Music: soundcloud.com/frankie-g-2
#6Beidha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:31:48 AM
Wlffrsether posted...
No, as it would make you able to disguise your enchanted diamond armor underneath, which is part of why dyeing is only available on leather armor in the first place, if I remember correctly.

I do love the basic idea of capes, cloaks and other apparel though. More RP is always welcome.

Well, I was thinking that the shoulders would stick out under the tunic, revealing the armour underneath.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#7Mac13ethPosted 8/29/2012 7:48:18 AM
Leather is much harder to come by for me than iron. I think that colored armor for teams is a good idea. If you want more protection, but still need to mark you team, get a colored helmet, but wear iron or diamond chest plate etc.

Regardless of the colored armor debate, I would like to see dyed tabard made from wool. Maybe it could be narrow to show the armor underneath, or only add a colored border. There could also be a client-side option to hide the tabard if there is a concern about armor-type being too obscured. Even better would be tabard that allows two colors and a logo or a couple of patterns. Couldn't as complicated as signs to store and shouldn't be too much more complicated to render.

I imagine it working like this:
W W W
W A W
W W W

The W's could be any color wool (and that data would be stored in the object for displaying it later) and the A could be ANY item. Each item would correspond to a logo, with a default logo for items that aren't specifically set as logos. I think that in Minecraft a pickax would be a fine sigil, but texture packs could also replace the logos, maybe axes would be birds and hoes would be rabbits. I can see how the crafting table code might not be a good match for this, but a new crafting item, a loom perhaps, would solve that line of problems.
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#8MarbiaachPosted 8/29/2012 1:33:25 PM
Vechz posted...
Dying leather armor isn't for general gameplay. It's there to help map makers give different teams different colors without giving one side a defensive boost.

No one noticed your name?
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#9hotrodneptune32Posted 8/29/2012 2:19:22 PM
Vechz posted...

Oh lord... what other evil ideas do you have in store...
---
Sephiroth's Supernova: Guaranteed to make kids want to learn algebra and physics.
PKMN Black FC: 2237 3659 0319
#10Tzuba12Posted 8/29/2012 8:02:09 PM
V.. Vechz has an account here?
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"