Villager trading all bugged out and such

#1zyrax2301Posted 8/29/2012 6:55:12 PM(edited)
Last night I was doing some trading, and I had a guy whose first offer was to trade paper for emeralds. That was great. However, after a few visits, he stopped offering that and only offered to trade emeralds for a bookcase. I know I should be able to switch between offers using the left and right arrows, but the paper offer was just dropped completely.

It's happened on another couple of villagers for me, although they don't seem to have any problems generating new offers and hanging onto any offers generated after that first one. I've only seen the first offer they are spawned with disappear.

Is that a bug that other people are experiencing, or part of the design? I should mention I'm playing entirely on a server so I don't know if that could be part of it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2MarbiaachPosted 8/29/2012 6:59:43 PM
That's probably part of it. Either someone traded with the villager, causing him to rewrite old trades and make room for new one (I think after unlocking 10 trades the villager gets different ones, could be wrong though.) or someone killed the villager, and you're just talking to a different one.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#3eragonman9Posted 8/29/2012 7:04:32 PM
After enough trades, they will disappear. This is the design.
---
*poke*
*jiggle*
#4zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:08:08 PM(edited)
Oh. Well that kinda sucks, but at least I know now. I guess I'd better be careful from now on. I think a trade 'ends' when you close the window, so it's best to have a full inventory of paper (or whatever) before you approach them.
---
#5MBXfilmsPosted 8/29/2012 7:19:00 PM
Yes, I've been doing full inventory loads after finding good trades and nearly have a chest of emeralds. And if you have a buddy, have him throw you some extra to fill your inventory back up! Or you could rig some dispensers if you were nuts about emeralds.
---
MBXfilms.com
#6zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:29:33 PM
They're a good alternative to using up diamonds on armour and tools, at the very least. I'm saving up to get an inventory full of diamond chestplates :D
---
#7TuxedoCyanPosted 8/30/2012 5:21:13 AM(edited)
If you strategically use dispensers and water, you can trade enough paper/coal/wheat to get like 75-100 emerald blocks worth of emeralds in 1 trade, that's how I've been doing it.

Also, in 1.4, villagers won't lose their trade, they will only temporary not offer it anymore, but will offer it again after you trade with them with the other trades he offers.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#8zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 2:35:50 PM
Dispensers? What, rigged up to a clock? I can't see how else you could trigger them without assistance.
---
#9TuxedoCyanPosted 8/30/2012 2:40:17 PM
Yes a redstone clock.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#10zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 3:12:38 PM
I'll just get my buddy to throw them at me :D
---