If I get optifine will people still be able to play in my LAN

#1buddyboigiruPosted 9/2/2012 11:01:42 AM
or will they have to get optifine also?
---
Jag alskar kaniner och DAN!
#2MarbiaachPosted 9/2/2012 11:16:05 AM
They won't need optifine. Players don't need the same mod as you to play with you. For example, I could have optifine and Rei's Minimap on one server, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#3buddyboigiru(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 11:19:02 AM
Marbiaach posted...
They won't need optifine. Players don't need the same mod as you to play with you. For example, I could have optifine and Rei's Minimap on one server, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

cool! thanks!
---
Jag alskar kaniner och DAN!
#4Elektro8Posted 9/2/2012 11:38:06 AM
Well, I think it might be important to note that that's not the case with all mods. Minimap and Optifine would work, but they're some of the very few.
---
Maplestory - Windia - Pyrsin7 14x Aran - KyrinUmbrar 8x Hermit - Elektro8 7x Evan - BowgunUser 12x Mercedes - Antepenumbra 9x Demon Slayer
#5MarbiaachPosted 9/2/2012 11:49:32 AM
Well yeah, but most mods are either client-side or server-side, so it wouldn't matter anyway.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#6thor23Posted 9/2/2012 12:11:47 PM
Marbiaach posted...
Well yeah, but most mods are either client-side or server-side, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

It matters for LAN on Single Player worlds.
#7rusty12000Posted 9/2/2012 12:18:31 PM
everyone should have optifine, its works so damn good, not to mention all the extra features, even if your computer is uber powerful optifine has far X5 i think it is, snd ctrl button has a zoom feature, always fun.
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#8KinkajouPosted 9/2/2012 1:05:18 PM
Optifine made my Minecraft run slower on the same settings and gives occasional chunk rendering glitches, and on top of that makes stuff far from spawn distorted. I'll stick to no Optifine.
---
Most Men say, "Woman, without her man, is nothing!"
Most Women say, "Woman, without her, man is nothing!"
#9tacoslayer89Posted 9/2/2012 1:12:41 PM
Kinkajou posted...
Optifine made my Minecraft run slower on the same settings and gives occasional chunk rendering glitches, and on top of that makes stuff far from spawn distorted. I'll stick to no Optifine.

Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Mine double my FPS rate.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
GT: SlaykSerr789
#10frozen_flamesPosted 9/2/2012 1:16:25 PM
tacoslayer89 posted...
Kinkajou posted...

Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Mine double my FPS rate.

It operates differently on different system configurations, most users see a noticeable increase in performance, but others get worse performance with it, that is one of the reasons Mojang didn't want to incorporate it into vanilla.
---
Can you hear the drums?