A fix for trying to get these two mods to work? *X-Ray Mod And Rei's MiniMap*

#1Metroid_LoverPosted 9/4/2012 6:05:30 PM
*Note: I'm not a greefer(sp?) I play 100% by myself, I use my xbox 360 to play with others.*
I plan to only really use Xray when I'm making an underground farm and need to see there the water/lava is.

So I don't really 'Need' Xray, but I'd like to get it to work so when I need it, I don't have to worry or anything, you know?

When I test/check each mod individually, I have no trouble, but when I try to add the other one, that is when I have trouble.

I tried Rei's MiniMap first, installed and plays just fine.
But when I install XRay, the game crashes (only did this one) or the Mini-map is gone and only Xray seams to work.

*if I install them both at once and launch game, the launcher just crashes*

Have anyone tried to install both mods and is there a fix for these?

I have all latest version:

Minecraft: v1.3.2
Rei's minimap: v3.2-05
Xray: v027

Thanks in advance for this help!
---
"...I just blow really hard. Sometimes I pass out but it saves me a few bucks." - BizzyBum
#2spartalaughsPosted 9/4/2012 6:18:24 PM
I don't know, but you could use CJB's mods as an alternative, as it includes a minimap and an x-ray tool. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/240772-132-cjb-mods-v634-27-08-2012/
---
"It has the power of three DS's." -Nemerlight
"With only half the battery life." -Vanguard_6575
#3Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 6:29:25 PM
spartalaughs posted...
I don't know, but you could use CJB's mods as an alternative, as it includes a minimap and an x-ray tool. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/240772-132-cjb-mods-v634-27-08-2012/

Thanks for that Idea.

I want to keep the game as close to Vanilla as I can, so I'll try each in turn again (saved the 'bin' folder before I did anything and have it saved on a separate drive) and write down all the shortcut/key-bindings and see what I can do.

But, if not, I'll try what you suggested.

Then, if still not satisfied, I'll just only install Rei's MiniMap and have to do the old, hope there is no lava behind that block, jumping when digging around at low levels.
---
People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point. ~ George Carlin
#4spartalaughsPosted 9/4/2012 6:34:00 PM
If you do try what I suggested, you can always disable the parts of the mod you don't want, in this case all the ones that aren't x-ray and minimap.
I hope you find a solution with the two mods you originally used, as I also prefer Rei's Minimap over the one in CJB's mods.
---
"It has the power of three DS's." -Nemerlight
"With only half the battery life." -Vanguard_6575
#5Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 2:28:10 PM
After trying several times, have only one installed, launch game, check the settings and then add the 2nd mod and launch again, but I'm stumped.

I can't get them to work together, no matter what one I have first installed, as soon as I add the 2nd one, X-Ray Mod is the only one that works then.

Tried keeping and deleting the META-INF folder, but nothing helps.

I also found out that the X-Ray Mod doesn't have any settings to change anything at all.
No GUI, not text/settings file, nothing!
*part of the reason there incompatible?*

I made sure I got the mod from official forum and was the latest, but I'm stumped.

I was able to use it a bit to find out there wasn't any lava where I wanted my underground farm, so I'm happy with that, but that's the only thing I'm happy about.

I looked into CJB's mods, but there way too many and I like Rei's MiniMap Mod better, so I'll just us that instead.

Thanks for that idea though.

If I knew exactly where to post this question on how to get these mods to work together, even temporary, on the Minecraft forums I would.

O well, thanks for the help you gave me :)
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them