Batbox/wiring help. (Tekkit)

#1FrightwolfPosted 9/7/2012 3:54:33 AM
I'm still not 100% on wiring and such, I can't get my stuff powered. I have cable going from the solar panels to one batbox (fully charged), then I have a second batbox right in front of it (fully charged), then I have cable coming out the front of that one going to all the appliances(none have power). I don't understand why its not working, if that second batbox was gone and a cable was coming out going instead going into the appliances it would work. What am I doing wrong?
---
Xbox 360 GT - Church 5SiX1
#2RyoAikyoPosted 9/7/2012 4:24:33 AM(edited)
have you oriented the batbox correctly?
it needs to have the dot (or whatever your texture makes the unique side) on the face you are trying to output from.
simply right click the face you are connecting the cable to with a IC2 wrench (bronze) to orient it.
also, don't loop the cable back to the batbox.
Edit: Pictures would be useful.
---
My adventures in Terraria
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ryo_Aikyo/screenshots/
#3Doc_MPosted 9/7/2012 4:29:31 AM
You need to make sure the output side is the one you are connecting the cable to. The output side is the one with the orange circle. To change the output side right click with a wrench on the side you want it to be or hold shift and right click on the opposite side.

If this doesn't fix your problem, you may have a glitch where things on chunk borders don't connect properly.

The most efficient (read: best) early set up is as follows:

v BB----BB <
lXXXXXl
lXXXXXl
lXXXXXl
lXXXXXl
BB----BB ^
>

There should be 4 lengths of wire between each box. This makes it so that when each 32eu packet is sent down the wire, whatever isn't being used by the machines is put right back into the system. It also gives you a large amount of eu storage. You can connect solar panels and arrays all the way up to lv solar arrays directly into the batboxes. Once you get passed the LV arrays you will need an MFE, a LV transformer, and some gold cable to hook that into the system.
---
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
-Anonymous
#4Frightwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 5:05:55 AM
Sorry I can't post pics. Currently at work. So it's one unique side that's the output? This might be a stupid question but how do you flip things with the wrench? I right click but it just breaks them down to pick up. I'm using the sphax texture pack and all sides have a green plug picture except one red plug picture.
---
#5Frightwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 5:08:14 AM
Also if I break down a bat box does it retain it's energy?
---
#6BluritePosted 9/7/2012 5:36:10 AM
Frightwolf posted...
Also if I break down a bat box does it retain it's energy?

No it does not. I suggest making some RE batteries so that you can extract the energy from it and replace it.
#7TuxedoCyanPosted 9/7/2012 5:57:27 AM
Frightwolf posted...
Sorry I can't post pics. Currently at work. So it's one unique side that's the output? This might be a stupid question but how do you flip things with the wrench? I right click but it just breaks them down to pick up. I'm using the sphax texture pack and all sides have a green plug picture except one red plug picture.

The three faces are the inputs and the red face is the output. To rotate the output to where you want it, you right click a green face with the wrench. To rotate it to the opposite side you want, you crouch right click a green face with the wrench.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#8lavarathanPosted 9/7/2012 6:36:35 AM
There is one output on a bat box the one with the dot. You can rotate the dot by right clicking on the side you want the dot to be moved to. If you right click on the dot you will pickup the bat box and loose all its power, so be careful. If the bat boxes are facing the right way and you still do not have power then read below.

Make sure your cables are not too long and you are using the right type of cables. There is energy loss to cables if they get too long and you must use certain cables for certain types of things.

Basically the cables from your solar panels should be tin and no longer than 40 in total. The cables from your bat box to your other bat box and machines should be copper and no longer than 4 or else you start to loose 1 EU / tick. For the copper cables from the bat box you can go a little bit further since the output is 32 EU / tick and still be okay, but do not go crazy with the length.

Here is a listing of the types of cables and their EU / tick and loss over distance.
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Cable