Can command blocks spawn mobs?

#1TriForceOmeletPosted 9/29/2012 7:02:33 AM
Topic
---
TC, your username is awesome. That is all. -Godspark127
#2GastroidPosted 9/29/2012 7:54:29 AM
Not that I know of. However, this is an excellent suggestion.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#3funkedelikePosted 9/29/2012 8:28:15 AM
I like this idea as well. I mean you can always use dispensers + spawn eggs, but those are a bit of a pain sometimes.
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike
#4TitanStrikePosted 9/30/2012 12:01:13 PM
Yeah, instead of making a command block just put a dispenser full of mob eggs. or you could go crazy with it and have it spawn items onto a plate that.. well, has a dispenser with mob eggs in it >_>
---
oxxxx|==============>
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#5ISendOutMarioPosted 9/30/2012 12:18:17 PM
TitanStrike posted...
Yeah, instead of making a command block just put a dispenser full of mob eggs. or you could go crazy with it and have it spawn items onto a plate that.. well, has a dispenser with mob eggs in it >_>

Yes, you could use mob eggs, or what if the command block allowed the use of timers or amounts of mobs. Instead of hooking the dispenser up to a redstone clock, the player could have the command block spawn 10 zombies every 30 seconds.
---
Mario!! I choose you!!! * wah-hah!!* Use PWN!!
#6zero_x300Posted 9/30/2012 12:22:38 PM
ISendOutMario posted...
TitanStrike posted...

Yes, you could use mob eggs, or what if the command block allowed the use of timers or amounts of mobs. Instead of hooking the dispenser up to a redstone clock, the player could have the command block spawn 10 zombies every 30 seconds.

Your sig leaves me with the impression that you are 8 years old.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc