Opinions on cracked users?

#51CmaBoyPosted 10/7/2012 8:25:19 PM
As a college student currently looking for work in an area with a pretty crappy entry-level job market, I don't feel bad trying the game for free for now, considering the developer has even stated that he doesn't really care.

Once I can finally land an interview and position somewhere, and can make sure I have a computer that will run the game decently enough to get the full enjoyment out of it, of course I'll gladly spend the cash.

$30 may not seem like much, but it's not a bad thing to be responsible with your money, especially when you're currently not able to make it back right away. I'm fairly sure Mojang won't mind me playing an outdated version of Single Player until I can give them a paycheck I earned and not, say, a student aid check. lol
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
"Bow and sword, in accord!"
#52NeoBasiliskPosted 10/7/2012 10:20:52 PM
Nominating chaosgamer99 for worst poster.
---
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2505/toonami0003by7.jpg
RIP Toonami (1997-2008)
#53sephiroth2477Posted 10/8/2012 6:58:32 AM
NeoBasilisk posted...
Nominating chaosgamer99 for worst poster.

Have you forgotten about PS3_IS_BEAST already? I know he's moved on to another board, but good God, that kid could hardly ever Google something for himself.
---
Conscience makes egotists of us all.
-Oscar Wilde
#54neb555Posted 10/8/2012 7:45:55 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
me1122 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Gevous posted...
In my opinion, you should ONLY get the "cracked" version if you cannot get the money to buy the game.

So, you think that people should only get a pirated version if they don't have the money for the game? What if they do have the money and could purchase it right then and there? If they knew nothing of the game, wouldn't you think it best they try a cracked version before buying it to see if it's worth purchasing? Did you even think that maybe someone who just bought it might play it and decide it wasn't for them and couldn't get a refund?

And yes, I'm ignoring the fact that there's a demo available for now.

Theres a demo of minecraft now, your argument is invalid.

Woosh, the point of my post went right over your dimwitted head didn't it.

What exactly is the point of your post? You argued that people will pirate for a demo of the game, then acknowledged "I'm ignoring the fact that there's a demo." You can't just ignore something because it's harmful to your argument, why isn't the demo sufficient?

Though with the ad hominem attack in your response, I'm gonna guess that we've got more than one 14 year old poster in this topic.
---
see quote
#55KeepOffTheGrassPosted 10/8/2012 12:37:32 PM
I don't see it as a problem, considering I was one at first. But I wanted to support the game and play online, so I paid up.
---
http://i.imgur.com/B8Dya.png
#56MC_BatCommanderPosted 10/8/2012 2:12:22 PM
Lol. 1000$ a week would have been more than enough money for me to live and afford luxuries. If you want to factor in a family, then assume a wife working Also for 1000 a week and you're living easy. Hell my parents didn't have college degrees and each made at least that per week.
---
#57riddlebox89Posted 10/9/2012 12:31:36 AM
neb555 posted...
What exactly is the point of your post? You argued that people will pirate for a demo of the game, then acknowledged "I'm ignoring the fact that there's a demo." You can't just ignore something because it's harmful to your argument, why isn't the demo sufficient?

Though with the ad hominem attack in your response, I'm gonna guess that we've got more than one 14 year old poster in this topic.

The point was, the demo wasn't actually a thing until recently, before that if you wanted to try before you buy, what choices did you have?

Basically, I was coming from a spot before the demo even existed, sure it exists now and it's harmful to my argument now, but when I'm arguing about a point in time before the demo thing came up, it's not exactly harmful, especially since quite a few of us bought it before the 1.0 release at some point.

So, at that point, what choices were there? You could just blind buy it, but blind buying has a good 50/50 chance of giving you something you wouldn't want. You could ask a friend or family member who has it to borrow their username just to try it, but in my case, the only person I knew who played it was my sisters boyfriend who's a stingy a-hole when it comes to letting me borrow his stuff even after I let him borrow Saints Row 3, a game I just got two days earlier, for a whole week. And then, there's the cracked version, which was arguably the best way to try it before committing to buying it at the time. Or watch youtube videos, but watching a game isn't the same as actually playing it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#58mariolover2Posted 10/9/2012 3:47:54 AM
DrMaxis posted...
Cracked has some amazing articles, and thus the users are-

Oh, wait.

Uh...I don't know. They don't bother me, so uh...nothing?

This lmao
---
http://i.imgur.com/qTph4.jpg
don't
#59Grandy12Posted 10/9/2012 5:15:54 AM
mariolover2 posted...
DrMaxis posted...
Cracked has some amazing articles, and thus the users are-

Oh, wait.

Uh...I don't know. They don't bother me, so uh...nothing?

This lmao

"and thus the users are" what?

Amazing?

I go to Cracked.com almost religiously everyday, but as funny as the articles are, their userbase is terrible, terrible, terrible.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006