[SMP] [24/7] [Whitelist] Pandacraft - Come join us

#1LzyRobPosted 10/1/2012 10:56:31 PM(edited)
IP: 66.85.128.98:25566

A small blurb about our community:
We are a small server that mostly consists of users from a website formerly called Luelinks (Older gamefaqs members will know what this is)
We are all friendly and we hope to gain some new faces that want to become an active member of the community.

We do try to run server events at least 1-2 times per week.
Here are some examples

Grieftown
Players are given stone items, and the first person to demolish a house to the ground first, wins.
http://imageshack.us/a/img717/4466/grieftown.png

Maze/NoobTower
Floor 1: Parkour
Floor 2: Maze
Floor 3: Parkour Hard Mode (This floor probably takes a good 10-15 minutes to complete)

PVP/PVE BattleDome
Gather with the rest of the players and see who can be the last man standing during the PVE event. Or simply use it as a place to fight against one another to settle a score in PVP

Dispensers that shoot out spawn eggs around the arena
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7742/20120820065055.png

Set up with repeaters to shoot slowly, average, or hard/intense.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7913/20120820064821.png

This is the end product. Obviously we don't use this many Blazes, but this was a test.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2826/20120820070549.png
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9519/20120820070532.png

Basic commands available to players
/createwarp and /setwarp
/spawn
/tpa and /tpahere
/sethome and /home
and /mail

Our list of plugins for all users:
XpConomy - Sell/Trade your XP to other players
MCJobs - Gain money through jobs for our economy plugin
ChestShop - Sell your items or buy from other players via chests
TreeAssist - Knock down a whole tree by breaking a single log on it.
Lockette - Lock your chests/doors/furnaces with a sign so nobody can take your possessions
Residence - Basically player made world guard. Set permissions for your buddies to build in your sectioned off areas, or make it so only YOU can use/open/break/build/whatever in your private plot of land.
IcePVP - Want to PVP other players? Or maybe you don't. Toggle your PVP settings on or off whenever you feel like it (There is a 2 minute cooldown for toggling your PVP setting after you fall below a certain amount of HP to stop combat logging)

Plugins that admins can use for your benefit:
World Edit - Self explanatory
CoreProtect - Did you get griefed? An admin is usually online and we are more than willing to figure out who did it to you, we will rollback the grief for you and punish the offender in no time.
AutoAnnouncer - For in game money, we will put an ad out for your shop that cycles roughly every 30 minutes. The amount of money that is required for this is priced in a way that you wont be getting bombarded by shop ads that fill up the chat box.

Fun Plugins
Heroic Death - Customizable death messages
Found Diamonds - When someone finds diamonds or emeralds, everyone on the server has the chance of getting a random buff. Anywhere from super jumping, to water breathing, to fire resistance.

We do run a whitelist, but I am going to talk with the server owner and see if we can just remove it since we mostly whitelist anyone anyway. This way it gets rid of the waiting time for you guys to join. But until then, post your in game names here. Alternatively, you can just attempt to join the server, and if an admin is online they will add you, so just try to rejoin a minute later.

Also as a note. Currently we can only support 24 players online at a time. But in a couple of days the owner (Jsuzuki) will be upgrading the server and doubling the RAM, thus doubling the amount of people can support.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope to see you guys in game!

IP: 66.85.128.98:25566
---
GT: LzyRob3
#2ggf162Posted 10/1/2012 11:57:07 PM
Why not?

ggf162
---
"I attacked Vivec and my game crashed"
"Obviously the demigod's last line of defence." -AnilEhilated
#3meteor6666Posted 10/2/2012 3:23:47 AM
Gotta get going but I need to ask a couple questions.

What are all the facts about grieftown? Do admins set the place up? Are there random respawning buildings? Is it fair or will there be a mansion for one person but a hut for another?

What other info is about the arena for PVE and PVP? Do we bring our own stuff and if not, please tell me you have a way to prevent people stealing armor and weapons then leaving.

I am pretty big on the grief/pvp sort of deal and this is where I would be centered around. I am not a fan of the enchantment system now so farming good armor for the arena would be a waste since armor degrades ultra fast.
---
I have no friends.
#4MadnarPosted 10/2/2012 5:22:18 AM
Found Diamonds - When someone finds diamonds or emeralds, everyone on the server has the chance of getting a random buff. Anywhere from super jumping, to water breathing, to fire resistance.

I LOVE this, my old server had it.

IGN is Sweet_Tooth77. I'm all for it man
#5darkcast2004Posted 10/2/2012 6:54:38 AM
I'd love to check this out.

minecraft name: darkcast
---
5: Warned
One of our 10 year old mods has decided to abuse his power because mommy took his action figure away. We know they're bad but we can't help it.
#6LzyRob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 7:33:13 PM
I whitelisted everyone that has posted their IGN name so far. Hope to see you guys online!

Also, the owner tried to upgrade the server today, but the host was stupid and opened completely other server for him instead of upgrading the current one. So hopefully by tonight/tomorrow we will be upgraded to 48 slots. My aim for this is to get ~20 to 30 people online during prime-time.

meteor6666 posted...
Gotta get going but I need to ask a couple questions.

What are all the facts about grieftown? Do admins set the place up? Are there random respawning buildings? Is it fair or will there be a mansion for one person but a hut for another?

What other info is about the arena for PVE and PVP? Do we bring our own stuff and if not, please tell me you have a way to prevent people stealing armor and weapons then leaving.

I am pretty big on the grief/pvp sort of deal and this is where I would be centered around. I am not a fan of the enchantment system now so farming good armor for the arena would be a waste since armor degrades ultra fast.

Grieftown is basically a floating island in the sky. It is res'd to prevent movement inside of the boundaries until we run the event, so you're correct, it is Admin run. All of the buildings are exactly the same. If you look closely, each house is surrounded by a fence. There is a single lever in the middle of the whole place that will open all of the fence gates at the same time, giving everybody an equal, and fair chance to win.

Well, for PVE it is mostly admin run, although since I can disallow people from using the dispensers, I sometimes leave spawn eggs in the dispensers for when im not on. There are chests to place your armor in the battledome, just protect it with a sign and you're all good. Just please remember to remove the sign when you're done. (I may look into some Arena plugins and see if there is a way to have the game automatically set permissions for a set amount of time after a user places their items in there.

Generally what i do though is provide everyone with the same set of armor/swords and if it breaks, then oh well.

I am starting a hunt for a plugin that will set a timed permission for a player when they place an item in the container that way we can skip the whole lockette thing for the battledome.

And yeah, griefing is always something that will upset players. Unfortunately there is no way to completely remove griefers from the game unless we want to severely restrict the non-griefers that play. Luckily the owner, the other admin and myself are active enough that grief shouldn't be a problem as it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Madnar posted...
I LOVE this, my old server had it.
IGN is Sweet_Tooth77. I'm all for it man

It's a great plugin. However quake mode (Speed) sucks LOL
---
#7meteor6666Posted 10/3/2012 2:27:59 PM
I'm going to give this server a shot. Seems like if there will be a lot of players, I could have some good challenges (assuming not everyone is building at the time). I'll be on in 2 days. Very busy with an SAT coming up.

IGN Meteor6666
---
I have no friends.
#8LzyRob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:44:57 PM
Whitelist has been removed.

Welcome everyone :-D

We also now have the Lift plugin, which allows you to make elevators from signs and iron blocks. And we are in the middle of creating a multiworld
---
#9jsuzukiPosted 10/7/2012 11:30:02 AM
Hey guys this is the owner. We have fully upgraded to 48 slots and 2 gigs of RAM!
#10EzeDoesItPosted 10/8/2012 10:21:10 PM
tag. i like the server
---
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes.